Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Weird internet issues

Featured Replies

So.  My internet's been acting up lately (Comcast sucks) and I did a speedtest which showed about 3Mbps down, 10Mbps up (I usually only get 4-6 up, too).  Annoying when I usually get about 25-35 down/4-6 up.

 

However, a few minutes ago I restarted the router and got THIS result.  Wow lol.

2752752907.png

Now if it would stay like this that would be amazing, but über fast speeds don't matter when the connection isn't reliable.  Here's hoping that things clear up.

  • Author

What kind of router do you have. Was it given to you from comcast?

 

Yeah, from Comcast.  It's not that great, either.  The wireless signal is horrid.  I put an extender right next to it and only get about 8Mbps out of that at full strength.  It was sub 1Mbps before the extender, it doesn't have good range to my outside room but even gets low speeds when a wireless device is near.  Doesn't matter though, I've wired my PC and that's the only place I do heavy downloading, I got the extender for my smartphone mainly.

  • Author

It's been fairly stable for the most part for the nearly two years I've had it, occasional Comcast shenanigans aside.  I'm thinking it's just an issue in my area as of late.  It's been unstable like this for about a week.

Having it work better after restarting would indicate a router issue for me.

I am somewhat biased though and hate just about everything Comcrap.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.