June 25, 201016 yr comment_12154 I am strongly thinking about purchasing the new Xbox 360, although I have no idea what I would do with 250GB, as my current one is 60GB and I have 39GB left. If I do get it, how do I transfer my profile to the new one? Also, would I lose any data at all from the transfer?Also, here is a link the the awesome new 360. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360250GBconsole/ Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12157 I am strongly thinking about purchasing the new Xbox 360, although I have no idea what I would do with 250GB, as my current one is 60GB and I have 39GB left. If I do get it, how do I transfer my profile to the new one? Also, would I lose any data at all from the transfer?Also, here is a link the the awesome new 360. http://www.xbox.com/...60250GBconsole/You can recover your profile (download it from Xbox LIVE) from the Dashboard. The new hard drives are different than the old ones, but they are selling transfer cables for about $20 to transfer all of your content from your older model Xbox hard drive to the new one. You don't lose any content, but the old hard drive is reformatted. Also, you may have to do a digital rights transfer to be able to use your downloaded content and arcade games without being signed in to LIVE (which can be done here: http://www.xbox.com/...nsemigration/). One of the major benefits of having a lot of space is being able to install more of your games to your hard drive. They run much quieter and can't be scratched when installed. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12158 One of the major benefits of having a lot of space is being able to install more of your games to your hard drive. They run much quieter and can't be scratched when installed.Extends the life of your DVD drive, too. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12161 Extends the life of your DVD drive, too.Gonna do that with every ******** game I play now. I have to send my Xbox in due to the disc drive being completely stupid. My warranty is out too. Luckily, my Grandfather is a bro, and worked his magic to be able to send in my Xbox for free. Regardless, still sucks that I have to send it in, I think this is my 6th time now. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12162 Extends the life of your DVD drive, too.Deja vu. lolAnd also, another great benefit is that it improves the load times in games. While it may not be very noticeable in some, others benefit from it greatly. The random encounters in Lost Odyssey take about 30 seconds to start uninstalled, and about 12 installed. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12181 and here to see im still stuck with my original 20gig drive.... LOL. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12198 and here to see im still stuck with my original 20gig drive.... LOL.same, after installing red dead i have about 1MB left.and as for the whole transfering thing, cant you just use the file transfer on xbox.com? that way you dont need to buy a cable, you just activate the transfer on the website, and recover your profile on the new xbox and all the purchase rights should come with it. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12199 same, after installing red dead i have about 1MB left.and as for the whole transfering thing, cant you just use the file transfer on xbox.com? that way you dont need to buy a cable, you just activate the transfer on the website, and recover your profile on the new xbox and all the purchase rights should come with it.Sure you could do that, if you want to spend a whole day downloading the stuff again. And some items, like preorder bonuses, can't be redownloaded (because you can't find them in the marketplace), but do transfer over with the cable. The transfer cables are free, too, if you call Xbox support (and come with some larger HDDs). They probably made it so you can only use the transfer cable that you have to buy, to transfer to a 360 slim, though.Basically it's just much more convenient. Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12200 And some items, like preorder bonuses, can't be redownloaded (because you can't find them in the marketplace), but do transfer over with the cable. You can download EVERYTHING over again, all you have to do is go to download history...did you know that? Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12201 You can download EVERYTHING over again, all you have to do is go to download history...did you know that?Oh right, forgot about that. But it would still take forever to redownload all of the content if you have a lot of DLC and arcade games. lol Report
June 25, 201016 yr comment_12215 Using the transfer cable is still the best bet. It will transfer gamesaves that are otherwise not able to be copied, nor moved to another storage device. Report
June 25, 201016 yr Author comment_12241 The only DLC I would redownload would be Magic The Gathering Report
June 30, 201016 yr comment_12609 Not sold on the new console just yet... Keeping an on the failure rate that they may experience in the few distant months... If your console does crash there's no way of telling what the problem is due to the new power on feature on the consoles front... Report
August 24, 201016 yr comment_17055 Just wanted to post an article I just read. Apparently the new xbox has been manufactured to consume even less power (43% less apparently. That's a big drop ) and produces less heat as an aftereffect. Should be just another improvement to keep the failure rates low.http://feedproxy.goo...,2368173,00.asp Report
August 24, 201016 yr comment_17067 I have the slim limited edition halo reach bundle preorded and I'm Prolly gonna sell my year old limited edition red 120gb if Ur interested. I was gonna try trading a ps3 for it but not sure now. Report
August 24, 201016 yr comment_17083 Using the transfer cable is still the best bet. It will transfer gamesaves that are otherwise not able to be copied, nor moved to another storage device.^^This.If you don't transfer data from your old hard drive, you'll lose all of your game saves. Those, you can't recover them from XBL. When I traded my Elite and a bunch of games for the 360-s at Gamestop, I asked about it and they transferred the data for me for free right there on the spot. They may or may not do it for you, but it can't hurt to ask. Report
August 24, 201016 yr comment_17086 produces less heat as an aftereffect. Can't tell from touch. Mine runs pretty hot. Hotter in fact, than my Elite did. Though I suppose it could be because of the big vent on top (where I can feel all the heat), and the fact that heat is dispersed more effectively instead of staying trapped inside the cabinet. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_17120 Can't tell from touch. Mine runs pretty hot. Hotter in fact, than my Elite did. Though I suppose it could be because of the big vent on top (where I can feel all the heat), and the fact that heat is dispersed more effectively instead of staying trapped inside the cabinet. It is most likely just a feeling of hotter. The new one has less fans because it doesn't produce as much heat. So, there may seem to be a noticeable heat that isn't getting as dispersed without the extra fans. Plus, I imagine with the new slim design the vent on top is a direct vent from the cpu/gpu and thus the hottest point. It's like putting your hand over a laptop vent. May seem like the thing is burning up, but that's only because you're directly at the source of the heat. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.