May 7, 201313 yr comment_75814 The fact that she asked her own father "were you there?" really infuriates me. She wouldn't have asked that unless coached to do so via this test. http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75816 This is absolutely ludicrous. Completely and one hundred percent infuriating is right PK. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75825 I'm glad the father is removing his daughter from that school at least. I would be so freaking furious if my kid or nephew came home with that. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75828 You know what....I think I would have taken that test, smeared my puppy's poop on it, took it back to that school, gave it to the teacher, waited for he or she to say, "You wiped poop on this test", and fired back, "WERE YOU THERE". That is just maddening. Report
May 7, 201313 yr comment_75837 That's disgusting, and clearly a first amendment violation to pose as fact, to children who don't know any better, concepts of their religion through a public school platform (it should be on the parents whether to indoctrinate their children, and even then I think there should somehow be a choice given when they're old enough to decide for themselves). I was already atheist at that age, so I'd probably put something like "Are you freaking kidding me?" as the answer to all of those questions. Why can't they just be like every other religion and make things up as they go along to adapt with new scientific discoveries? "Well, uh, our god created things so they could evolve, and uh, pretends to not exist or care, and uh, helps those who help themselves. Yeah." EDIT: Well I see that it was from a Christian private school. Still, bleh. Sorry if my tone seems hostile, I just can't stand stuff like this. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75883 Nothing but hostility to be had. Things like that do nothing but harm everyone, especially the Religions supporting them. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75922 I'm MOST infuriated that this was for a fourth grade motherfucking SCIENCE CLASS. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75961 I'm an Athiest and I'm all for religion. If you are religious, cool. Don't force it on your kids. Let them ask and learn themselves. Also keep it out of education. Report
May 8, 201313 yr comment_75964 In all honesty, by this logic evolution shouldn't be taught in schools either. I can speak explain more when I'm not on my phone. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.