Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I'm finally doing it! Quitting cigarettes for good!

Featured Replies

Today is May Day.  I've been wanting to quit for a long time now, even made it my new year resolution.  I was going to earlier this year, but after the whole thing with my mom getting sick and all the stress I put it off.

 

So I made myself a promise that I'd quit by May Day.  I called the New York State smoker's quit line last month and they sent me the patches for free which is good. 

 

I quit for two years before, and I know I can do it again.  Wish me luck!  I'll friggin' need it!  :D

That is great news Chris!  I'm sure you will do fine and your health will thank you in the long run.  Best wishes and I hope everything is going as good as can be with your mother.

Good luck man!

 

 If it gets tough you can always try this:

 

http://www.blucigs.com/

 

Not near as bad as smoking a real cigarette I am thinking. Could be used to transition you off real ones then then next stage is to be completely free of it. This is how my wife did it.

 

Its all psychological! You can do this!

You can do it..... (why did I just type that with adam sandlers voice in my head?) Anyway, stay strong man. I quit for the last time over ten years ago, I know how tough that beast is... But all you have to do is remember how strong you are. The worst times are the subconcious, when you dont realize why you just asked the cashier for a pack when you were just gassing up. If you have friends that smoke its so much easier if you dont spend much time with them initially when you try to quit.

  • Author

Yeah, I know I'll be saving money in the long run.  Thank god I never paid NY prices (like $10/pack) since i always drove to PA which is super close to me, but still. 

 

Thanks again guys.  DAY TWO.  I know today is going to be rough.....

  • 2 weeks later...

Quitting cold turkey is crazy hard.

But like you said, you're doing a lot of good for your health.

I know they say within a few weeks you should start to regain some of your dulled senses back.

So food will be better, and smells will be smellier

I quit two days ago. Technically about 2 and a HALF days ago. 

 

The support from my friends and family has been remarkable. 

 

Nzp09S9.png

 

I've also been using r/stopsmoking on reddit and it's been very helpful. My cravings were so high on my first day but today was much, much easier. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.