March 24, 201313 yr comment_73241 http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase-announcedhttp://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/24/gearbox-teases-new-borderlands-2-dlc Report
March 24, 201313 yr Author comment_73243 Skip to one hour in for gameplay of the new character, Krieg.http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/381768342 Report
March 24, 201313 yr comment_73245 I'm gonna have to go with too little to late for me, I never even felt the need to buy/play the already released DLC. Report
March 24, 201313 yr Author comment_73246 On the flip side, if there was day one DLC, that would have been all right? Three DLC's have been released in a good time frame, with a 4th around the corner. The new character is an added bonus and so is the new level cap. It'll only be exciting for the more hardcore players with nothing left to do. Going on Gearbox's metrics, only 16% of their players have a character at level 50. Report
March 24, 201313 yr comment_73250 I kinda lost interest after the first DLC and having my BA rank reset..... ... mighttry to give this a chance if it turns out to be amazing. Report
March 24, 201313 yr comment_73251 So am I reading that right? Is April 2nd the lvl cap uprade? Report
March 24, 201313 yr comment_73259 All my roommate does is play Borderlands, so I'm always interested. Report
March 24, 201313 yr comment_73261 Sweet! Shane will be so happy. I still need to get to 50 lol. I've been playing a little here and there. At least I'm not playing Dragons Dogma lol! Report
March 24, 201313 yr Author comment_73264 I don't know if this is multi use or not, but I used the PC one and got three golden keys. Report
March 24, 201313 yr Author comment_73265 Apparently they are multi use. Faperture just used the PC code I used and he also got three keys. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73276 I'm looking forward to the level cap increase, and the new character actually intrigues me. I doubt I'll start over, but still looks pretty awesome. Also, it's great of them to include the level increase DLC and the next campaign DLC in the season pass. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73291 First of all I am happy with the support they are giving to the game. It is a good value. That said, I have only played the base game for Borderlands 2 with Maya and then experimented with all the characters a little bit including the Mechromancer. I have not played any of the other new DLC. Overall, I still liked Borderlands 1 better. I have been thinking, what was it about Borderlands 1 that I liked so much better?? I mean come on Borderlands 2 has more characters, new missions, more story, different guns etc.. Slam me if you think I am wrong. My conclusion is the loot and rewards. I felt like I was rewarded more for my time in BL1 than in BL2. When we opened a red chest in BL1 I felt like most of the time I got something usable to decent and sometimes really cool. When we killed a boss in BL1 we generally got something cool, fun and was actually an upgrade. They had a chance to really blow us away with some of the loot and rewards in BL2 but I just didn't see it. In B2 all the chests seemed pointless to me. Some you had to work for and you still did not get anything cool. I don't remember finding anything that blew me away unless it was the golden key chest. There was stuff here and there but I would rather find an obscure chest in the world and get rewarded that way or kill a tough boss and he drops some random amazing weapon. In short the loot was ok but not the caliber of stuff I think they could of made. Secondly, for me Lilith was more fun to play than any BL2 character that I have played. Phasewalking was just cool. I am however intrigued by these new announcements and would not mind coming back to BL2 to see if anything got better. Pearlescent weapons sound cool. This could be a question for Peeknuckle. In your opinion has any of the DLC packs added anything spectacular that could draw me back in? These new announcements could we will see. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73292 One more thought. I would love to have a DLC that adds a playground mode like they showed. I know it is used for development but I would love an area to spawn things and just goof off. It would not have to be as robust as what they use for development but a simple playground would be cool. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73293 I can agree with the loot drop. It just didn't feel rewarding, or consistent. I really enjoyed the game, but I never felt like I was finding decent gear. I seemed to continue using the same guns over and over for each level. Oh, and isn't the Creature Slaughter Dome what you're talking about? http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/208690/ Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73294 I can agree with the loot drop. It just didn't feel rewarding, or consistent. I really enjoyed the game, but I never felt like I was finding decent gear. I seemed to continue using the same guns over and over for each level. Oh, and isn't the Creature Slaughter Dome what you're talking about? http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/208690/I was thinking more of a playground like Gary's Mod. A place where I can just spawn some random stuff. Test builds, weapons ect. that are not necessarily brought back to the main game. Like a Borderlands Laboratory. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73296 Ah yeah, that would be cool. I was under the impression you could spawn certain creatures in the slaughter dome, but I don't know that for sure. Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73297 Ah yeah, that would be cool. I was under the impression you could spawn certain creatures in the slaughter dome, but I don't know that for sure.I will check out that Dome. Could be cool. Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_73298 First, I'll agree with the loot dropping in the first game being better than the second. If I'm completely honest, it just did. I could find an orange in several vending machines or from enemies before I beat the game. Almost all of my characters had several legendaries before completing the first playthrough. With that said, however, and it is hard to say -- I do like that you can farm certain bosses for specific legendary gear. If I want an Infinity pistol, I farm Doc Mercy. If I want a Bee shield, I farm Hunter Hellquist. While the drop rates for farming are pretty terrible, it does increase your odds for getting the gear you want. If you were playing the first game, it'd all be up to chance. It's not that I enjoy farming the same person/creature over and over. It's that I know what he can drop and I'm not relying on dice rolls for that one orange item to drop out of many. Added anything spectacular? No is my short answer. The Torgue DLC was hilarious in it's story, but it focused on the manufacturer of the explosive guns, and I don't like explosive guns much at all. Hammerlock's DLC was just criminally short. Sure there were side missions, but they were time inflated with fetch quests. The actual story missions you could count on one hand if I recall correctly. Pirate Booty was okay. It had some interesting weapons, good humor and the boats were a blast to drive. It was messy, though. The clipping in the game was pretty bad. You'd appear to be floating a few feet off of the ground, because the DLC wasn't polished and you were standing on invisible flooring. The Pearlescents from the first game were kick ass. They were super rare to find, but it made your week when you found one. If the drop rates remain the same, these current Pearls will be nothing short of impossible to find naturally. There's already a gun that is supposed to drop in the Torgue DLC (Cobra - exploding sniper), that is almost impossible to get to drop and it's only a blue tiered weapon. Lillith was always my girl in the first game. She was just so much fun to play with. I didn't like Maya as much at first, but once I specced her right and outfitted her in good gear . . . she wrecks and is very fun to play as. She's also a great support class for co-op. Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_73299 There are scripts made for Cheat Engine where you can swap enemies with other enemies. For instance, every enemy in the Wilhelm area being . . . Wilhelms. Or, every Varkid being a Vermiverous the Invincible. lol Report
March 25, 201313 yr Author comment_73301 Also, here's a more direct video of the gameplay from Krieg yesterdayhttp://youtu.be/wXe_41MToO0 Report
March 25, 201313 yr comment_73302 Thanks PK for that awesome response! I may have to come back to check out BL2 again. I finished it and felt like I let it go too quickly. I did not really have anyone to play it with on 360 though. My brother-in-law let his go pretty quick. Maya is cool I just miss Lilith. I liked running super fast and lighting everything on fire haha. Lately I have been playing Bioshock 1. I got the ultimate rapture edition for my birthday since I have never played those games. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.