March 6, 201313 yr comment_72450 Graphics card maker nVidia has issued an apology to GeForce GPU users who have encountered "major performance and stability issues" with Tomb Raider in maximum settings. Tomb Raider (2013) Screenshot nVidia's Andrew Burnes placed the blame on Crystal Dynamics failing to provide a final build of the game with enough lead time ahead of its release, which introduced new issues that were not present in previously-provided builds. "We are aware of major performance and stability issues with GeForce GPUs running Tomb Raider with maximum settings," said Burnes. Read onSource/Credit [CVG]This post has been promoted to an article Report
March 6, 201313 yr comment_72458 Pretty sure it's only when you have Tessellation and/or TressFX enabled. After I turned those two off I was able to play with good fps for hours. With either on I crashed constantly.So, if you are having issues, start there. Report
March 6, 201313 yr Author comment_72461 It'll be nice to be able to use all options available to you, though. Has to be some form of relief to you. Not having to tone down overclocking, etc. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72483 Yeah. Though I'll probably be done with the game before they get a fix out. Plus, as much as I try, I just don't like the hair effects. And yes, it was a relief. Matter of fact, all of last nights cast was done overclocked. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72488 I don't like the hair effect either. Something with the applied variables to the hairs weight I think? It just doesn't seem to move right imo. Was nice of amd to offer to the competition however, and for free. Report
March 7, 201313 yr comment_72490 I do agree that they did a great thing making it non exclusive. The effects on it were crazy. I think it would have been better if more of it moved together, and it didn't help that they seemed to ignore collision with her body. Beautiful effect but they missed the mark. It's relatable to the uncanny valley effect. So close to real that its super unnatural and a bit unnerving when it acts like the hair of Medusa with a mind of its own. Report
March 16, 201313 yr comment_72977 Beta Drivers released to address the issue: http://www.geforce.com/ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.