Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Round up of today's PS4 reveal

Featured Replies

I liked most of what I saw, problem was it was almost nothing. Every stream I.could find either went down or would stutter to the point it was unwatchable.

  • Author

Most of what I saw, other platforms are already doing. I'll say it once again -- there's no real technical innovation spurring on these new consoles. They're just making them more like PC's. Why not just save yourself a buttload of money and get a gaming PC?

 

Touchpad controller / WiiU

Spectate friends playing / OnLive

Every other thing they mentioned / PC

 

Pretty fail, too, that they chose Ustream to partner with. All gamers want to stream to Twitch. It caters to gaming only.

I'm a console gamer through and through. Have been since my first system in '82 and I will be a console gamer forever. It's what I prefer. Wii U is a great system and I have a helluva lot of fun with it. Current gen systems are a helluva lot of fun. Handhelds are fun. PS4 and 720 or whatever will be as well. No gaming is better than another as long as you're having fun, be it PC, handheld, or consoles. No need to down talk one or the other.

On topic, I was impressed with what I saw. Even if it was just tech demos (Save for Watch Dogs). I don't care if they didn't show the system itself, I don't buy systems for the way they look. I buy them for the games they play. The launch lineup and game play will determine not IF, but WHEN I'll buy a PS4.

I doubt I'll get one since I'm quite happy with my PC, but it was a lot better than I thought it would be. The most interesting thing to me was the cloud based backwards compatibility, if they can have a netflix like service of 10 bucks a month or something like that to stream almost any PS1,2, and 3 game then I'm sold.


Also the Driveclub guy probably needed to get a room after that demo...and the Suckerpunch guy was INTENSE.

  • Author

A game platform better be fun or there's no point in making them.

 

I loved the part before the Watchdogs setup, that was explaining real life privacy scenarios, and how there's x amount of CCTV's in England right now. They were playing up the Big Brother angle. Nevermind that they just talked about how linked you'll be to all your friends, and how your friends can watch you play your game and even offer help if you needed it. It was perfect.

 

I'll say some negative things about the Xbox event, too, I'm sure. I started off on console, liked it for awhile and then realized gaming was less expensive and more open on the PC.

 

*edit* And I agree with Pan. This event was better than the last two E3's. That includes the creepy presenters.

I like the idea of being able to stream from the ps4, i've wanted to help with that end for a while, but dont have the setup for it. I hope its not only on ustream, everyone streaming from a ps4 on one service is never a good idea.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.