February 17, 201313 yr comment_71552 http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/17/3993058/destiny-bungie-first-look-preview Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71565 From the short, short in-game clips in the vidoc....looks pretty much like Halo. Sounds kinda like a guild wars 1 FPS, wonder if the are going to make a PC version. I'm interested, but not buy on 360 and then buy gold just to be able to play the game interested. Report
February 18, 201313 yr Author comment_71568 They're doing an ARG for Destiny.http://alphalupi.bungie.net/ Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71575 this looks kinda interesting. will be on the watch list for more updates about it Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71588 It does look pretty damn good, but who knows. Here's hoping for them to go back to their PC roots. Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71612 I definitely agree with Dat, I really hope this has a PC release. It's far enough out that there still could be. I don't see why not now that they're not bound to Microsoft's consoles. I'm extremely excited and somewhat concerned about this at the same time. The social, mmo-like aspect is something of a turn off for me, while the idea of a huge Bungie created universe to explore and experience is always a nice thing. Bungie is pretty good at getting the social and multiplayer thing right though, I mean they pretty much invented matchmaking, so it should turn out pretty well. Report
February 18, 201313 yr Author comment_71616 I'd read this before getting your hopes up for a PC port. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/18/mouse-keyboard-still-a-major-player-in-fps-market/ Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71617 That article was dead on it though. I have to say. This makes me hate the guy We did a bunch of ambitious things on Halo deliberately to reach out to people. We limited players to two weapons, we gave them recharging health, we automatically saved and restored the game—almost heretical things to first-person shooters at the time. We made the game run without a mouse and keyboard. And now nobody plays shooters the way they used to play them before Halo 'cause nobody wants to. -Jason Jones Oh look at us! We dumbed down shooters! Aren't you proud!? Report
February 18, 201313 yr Author comment_71619 The egos in videogame making today are through the roof. It's been estimated that a ladder would need to be constructed that'd reach the moon, if we were to rescue many of the game developers from their pedestals. Kappa Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71622 http://documents.latimes.com/bungie-activision-contract/All hope is not lost, those documents back from the Respawn vs. Activision lawsuits doe have mentions of next gen consoles and PC(which sounds like initially on PS3/360 and then once that is all done and released, ports). Besides, this is being published by Activision, I doubt they would pass up a chance to make even more money. Report
February 18, 201313 yr comment_71625 All I know from my end at least is if it doesn't come to PC... Sale == Lost Report
February 19, 201313 yr comment_71631 Acti days it wont be out in 2013, but it will be on next gen systems too... That might give a second chance to pc port. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.