Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Streaming Music

Featured Replies

I have my lappy set up for sharing with my 360. It sees my lappy and I can stream music if I run Windows Media Center on my 360, but I can't stream music from the dashboard. I stream a lot of music, in game sometimes, through my 360 from the dash. Something's not quite right with the relationship between my 360 and my new lappy. Any advice?

I just got a new laptop recently, and I was having the same problem as you. It would stream in game, and if I had WMC open...But If I was on the Dashboard, it wouldn't do a **** thing. So, I tried everything, and I just couldn't figure it out. Then like, 4 days later, it started working perfectly.

:blink:

  • Author

Is it even finding your computer in the media tab? Or does it find it and then not have any files showing?

The second one. It finds my computer, but doesn't find any music.

  • Author

Wasn't there an optional media update, that allowed more media extensions to be used?

Thanks for the link in IM. I tried it, and it didn't do it. :(

The second one. It finds my computer, but doesn't find any music.

Try this: Start up the xbox and run the PC connection test in the system options. It should find your PC. Now open up the Music Section and select your PC.

Now go back to your Lappy and navigate here:

Open Control Panel, then Network and Sharing Center, then click Change advanced Sharing settings, and then scroll down to Media Streaming and click Choose Media Streaming Options.

Click the Allow All button next to Local Network, and then click OK at the bottom.

Give the 360 a second and then see if any items show up. You may have to browse out of the menu then back in to get it to refresh.

  • Author

Try this: <snip>

Give the 360 a second and then see if any items show up. You may have to browse out of the menu then back in to get it to refresh.

I did everything step by step, thanks to your clear instruction, but it's still not working. I rebooted and everything.

I'm checking out the shared folders thing right now.

  • Author

Okay. As much as it pains me to say this...Bogey bailed me out. :P

I have the Zune software downloaded, and I enabled sharing through it to my 360. That's what I had done before. I guess I forgot to mention that part in my op. Oops. Anyway we got it all figured out. Thanks guys for your help. :D

I did everything step by step, thanks to your clear instruction, but it's still not working. I rebooted and everything.

I'm checking out the shared folders thing right now.

Hmm. well, the only other thing I can think of is to open windows media player and make sure your songs are added to the library.

Okay. As much as it pains me to say this...Bogey bailed me out. tongue.gif

I have the Zune software downloaded, and I enabled sharing through it to my 360. I guess I forgot to mention that part in my op. Oops. Anyway we got it all figured out. Thanks guys for your help. biggrin.gif

<3

I'm a self-proclaimed genius for a reason tongue.gif

  • 2 weeks later...

i streamed music through zune when i had the 15 day trial. But when it ran up, it stopped allowing me to stream music from my pc to my xbox. Is how do you stream music through windows media player? I try but it doesnt work.

  • 3 weeks later...

HEY GUYS! I've found a new way to stream your music from your pc to the XBOX 360! Do you all know about the music media player WINAMP? They have a program called Winamp remote detector or someting like that where it will allow you to play your PC music to your Xbox. It worked for me.

http://www.winamp.com/

HEY GUYS! I've found a new way to stream your music from your pc to the XBOX 360! Do you all know about the music media player WINAMP? They have a program called Winamp remote detector or someting like that where it will allow you to play your PC music to your Xbox. It worked for me.

http://www.winamp.com/

Yeah. I've been using this for awhile. You're thinking of Winamp ORB. Once it's installed you can listen to your music from anywhere. Including the XBOX 360. Awesome program.!

  • Author

i streamed music through zune when i had the 15 day trial. But when it ran up, it stopped allowing me to stream music from my pc to my xbox. Is how do you stream music through windows media player? I try but it doesnt work.

I've never even tried the trial. I just downloaded the program and I use it to stream to my 360. It's always worked for me. It still comes up with "No artists found" (music, playlists, etc.) when I try to stream through my dashboard without using Zune. WMP does work, but I have to launch it on my 360 for it to work. Which means no streaming from the dash or in-game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.