Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

I am joining the Android family.

Featured Replies

So i've never been big into smart phones but alot of my friends have been showing me their new smart phones and now i want one. So i ordered the Droid Incredible from verizon and it should be here in about a week.

I have a few questions and could use some help please.

1. anyone with a touchscreen what's a good screen protector? I just want one that feels like there's no protector on there, with a decent price, and it'd be nice to get some decent use out of each one.

2. anyone with a android phone. what are some apps/widgets you can't live without or recommend?

3. what are some must have games?

4. anyone have a recommendation for a case? i want either a hard case or a leather flip case. preferably a red or combination of red/black hard case and i don't mind spending alittle more for a superior one.

  • Author

I'm not sure if this is the correct case for you, but Incipio is a great site.

http://www.myincipio...rola-DROID.html

i was looking at incipio but they don't have one for the HTC Droid Incredible. that case is for the original droid. thanks for trying though, any other insight would be helpful though. i'm so new at this all and all my friends use different products and i dont like there cases or screen covers.

I'm still looking at screen covers, and i hate cases, lol. Some were saying http://www.sgpstore.com had good screen covers, others say invisishield, I'm ordering some soon however. As for apps. 1st, google voice, try to get yourself an account, and then get voice. I love it. After that it depends, I love nfl mobile on verizon, ebuddy for my chatting, slacker and last.fm for music, astro file manager, always need some sort of flashlight app, google listen for my podcasts, mint.com for my finances, movies, for well, movies, ringdroid to make ringtones, oh, and before i forget, every google app you can think of. Earth, goggles, translate, sky map....

most droids are made of gorilla glass. google it. you don't really need a screen protector, just a good case.

advanced task killer, pandora, imusic, agile messenger, handcent, tube downloader,

astro, pdanet....there's more, but those are all must haves in my opinion.

MWB covered the apps. I'd put Task Killer at the top of the list though. It kills any apps that are running that you're not using.

I haven't needed a screen protector. Though I didn't know it was made out of gorilla glass. Hell, I've never heard of gorilla glass. Methinks I shall Google a bit.

you should be okay not getting a case for it .. Droids are incredibly strong and well built phones and have been through a lot of testing for drops, scratches, and suck .. try it out for a bit before you drop the cash on a case that you don't need.

  • Author

Hey guys thanks for all the responses, really helpful. looks like i have tons of apps to download which is awesome cause i had no idea where to start but now i do. anyone have any cool games too? i don't mind paying for them either cause as much as i like free games the ones you pay for are always better IMO. i know i'm getting Puzzle Quest and Peggle since those are 2 of my favs. nice to know Last.fm is on there too so i don't need to put my music on it and eat up my memory space.

Also nice to know about the Gorilla Glass i checked it out and sounds like a good feature of the droid phones. i think i'm still gonna get a screen protector though just to eliminate some of the smaller surface scratches since i'm prolly just gonna pocket it but since it has the gorilla glass i'll prolly buy some cheap protectors since i won't be as worried now. Also i think i do need a hard cover cause one of the things i hated about the incredible is that the lens on the camera sticks out...like so...

HTC-Droid-Incredible-cell-phone-02.jpg

droid_incredible.jpg

i wish they wouldn't have made the lens stick out so far but i have heard they had good reasons for why they did that. many of the hard cases make it so it's not resting on the lens when it's laying flat on its back which makes me think i really do need one and i love the color red and most of my other electronics are red so i want to keep that going. i'm gonna get the screen protectors for sure and try the phone for a few days without a case before i decide if i need one i guess.

skip the screen saver, but i reccomend a case. i dropped mine in wet cement. the phone was fine, but i trashed the case. sure as hell, i cracked it that very night. but in all fairess, i use mine at work all day every day. it takes some serious abuse.

On a note, with my droid incredible...I don't need a task killer. If you can help it it is better to avoid using one as well. On the incredible with its power and os it manages the apps well enough that I never need to kill anything.

i'm not sure how much i need it, but i use it all the time. if you open an app or two with gps, atk kills all of them and spares your battery. it's just a shortcut. it's not that the phone is slow or anything, it just saves juice.

Instead of trying to explain a whole issue, I'll just post this http://www.androidcentral.com/how-properly-set-and-use-task-killer-oh-yes-i-went-there . (As a note, I used one a little when I had the moto droid for a short time... go figure. As for the gps, which is a battery killer, i just turn my whole gps system off with a shortcut on one of my homescreens till i need it.)

i don't know if it was just me, but it seems the incredible managed them better, and the biggest point of that article is not that the app killers are bad in their own right, but if used wrong or you have a bad one, it can make things a lot, lot worse.

  • Author

So I got the phone yesterday and I was up till 4am getting everything setup. Thanks for everyone's help I loved almost all the apps you recommended. I ended up using a app killer but only very lightly.

I'm actually using the phone right now and I love it. Def do need a case and screen protectors.

  • Author

to all those who have android marketplace, i found a sweet app. search for "TiKL" (touch to talk). it's a app that allows you to do walkie talkie type calls between yourself and other people with the program kinda like nextels walkie talkie thingy. may want to only do it if you have unlimited data and it works better with newer phones. also you can talk with as many people at once as you want, with no minutes wasted if you have limited minutes.

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm due an upgrade in October and I was wondering what the battery life is like on them (I've heard a few conflicting reports) and can you use the likes of MSN on them?

  • 2 weeks later...

Since nobody answered the question, and I'm finally back from West coast washington and on the computer, so here we go. (been gone since the 1st). Battery life... it's ok. I have the incredible, and the battery is small, there is larger batteries to assist that you can get, but I don't have a problem as long as I'm not being crazy all day with it. It will last all day with normal use, half-3/4 with heavy. I'm going to get an extended battery soon and I'll let you know how that goes. Yea, you can use msn. It's through 3rd party apps, but they work fine for me, I use ebuddy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.