Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

The Ultimate History of Video Games

Featured Replies

JB included this book into my awesome Secret Santa package last Christmas. I'm really glad he did. It is a fascinating history lesson. My son is now reading it, and he's already hooked.

I didn't like the format of the book at first. It'd state facts and stories, and intermingled direct quotes from the people behind the games/companies. I soon loved the format, though, since it gave time capsule-esque rantings and sour grape quotes (Trip Hawkins, I look at you). The video game world is CUT THROAT. The people can be vicious and especially, underhanded. It starts at the coin op era, before they released Pong. Many of the big names in gaming today, had their fingers in gaming, before it even hit the public.

I'm hoping the author expands it, since it ends just before the Obox & PS2 released.

Great book! Buy, borrow or steal. I mean it.

I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Hope your son finds it interesting as well!

  • Author

He's loving it as much as I did.

I first started reading it, after you sent it to me. Put it down soon after, though, since the beginning history of gaming isn't too interesting. It's not until Pong hits the market and the lawsuits after, that it got interesting for me. From that point on, I couldn't put it down.

Yeah, it's boring at first but it does pick up. I'm glad you and your son are enjoying it though!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.