June 7, 201016 yr comment_10465 .. and it wasn't me! It was a body building lesbian!!So anyways, most of you know I've been trying to get into doing Special Effects make up around the NYC area and it's been going okay. I wont be winning any awards but I'm getting better. A friend of mine from another class I took at SVA contacted me about her friend who is a performance artist, and was coming into New York to do a show at some art place in Brooklyn. It was a piece about the fakeness or lameness of the L.A. plastic surgery/perfect body lifestyle .. um . I'll add the link to her site at the end of this.So she wanted me to attach a cheap prosthetic piece to her face to make it look like her eyes were rotted out. Fine with me .. I can do that with ease. She also asked if I was comfortable helping applying the fake tan dye to her .. sure .. comes with the territory. So we chatted over emails for about 3 weeks and she got into the city fine. On Friday we met at her friends place and talked a little about her show and what she wanted. Everyone was very cool. The prosthetic took about 2.5 or 3 hours to apply and add make up to so it looked more rotted then gore. After that was done and she was happy with .. boom .. naked as the day she was born and into the kitchen for the bronzing dye. Okay .. well Tam would be to happy with me right now .. but honestly it comes with the job. Tough job huh? So I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be helping applying the dye and I did need to clean up. I kept my distance and once I was finished packing up I asked if they need help. Yep they did since we were pressed on time. So there was no flesh on flesh touching .. we applied the dye with triangle sponges. Got that done .. hoped into a cab to art gallery. Then .. back to nakedness and applying the fake tan .. and baby oil and touch ups on the make up. Then the show .. then cleaning her off afterward. Everything went well and they were all very happy with the work I did. It was a rather interesting night.Here's the link to her site .. it's sort of NSFW .. but not too bad. There is no nudity in her show but she is in a rather small bikini. It was not the preformance that I worked on so it's not my make up job.Heather CassilsIf anyone here is offended by this please feel free to remove it. Report
June 7, 201016 yr comment_10479 Wow, that's a powerful message the artist is sending. That we are all rotting from the inside out or something to that degree...Other than that, nice job! Report
June 7, 201016 yr comment_10499 Wow Kev. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.(She does look a little scary though, so you job must be been a success! LoL) Report
June 7, 201016 yr Author comment_10567 it certainly was an odd experience .. but like I said .. the images from the website are NOT MINE .. I have some reference shots I took myself but I doubt I'll get around to posting those here anytime soon. .. I should get a website made Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.