February 1, 201313 yr comment_69840 http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/odd/news/a455437/burger-king-reveals-its-burgers-contained-horsemeat.html Earlier this month, a sample from Tesco Everyday Value Beef Burgers was revealed to contain 21.9% horse meat. Lidl, Aldi and Iceland were among several other retailers affected by the scandal. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69845 I rarely eat fast food but this made me want to throw up in my mouth a little Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69852 So you really can see the marks where the jockey was hitting it. Report
February 1, 201313 yr Author comment_69854 Years ago in the US, it was found that some grocery stores who ground their own meat - were stretching it by adding in other meats. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69859 It's all about culture. We've been taught that certain things are okay to consume and other things are "gross". Completely consumable and almost no difference in taste from what I've read....Why the hell not? <shrugs and walks away> Report
February 1, 201313 yr Author comment_69863 Breads, cereals and other grains have an acceptable amount of insect material that is allowed for. It'd be near impossible not to have any in it. People get freaked out by that, but when at a party and someone pulls out that box of chocolate covered ants or grasshoppers... they get brave and try it. lol I eat Chorizo and love it. I'll try most anything once. Cow tongue burrito? Yes please. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69867 Exactly PK. People should go outside of their comfort zone. Especially in foods. If it's gross, you get sick, you don't like it, or whatever, well at least you can say you tried. MOST cultures don't eat things that will hurt you. Yes I know there are exceptions, but it's rare. Be adventurous in life. You only get one, don't squander it playing it safe all the time. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69868 This is why I only get my face stuffed at In n' Out.THIS! Yum!! Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69873 I will try anything once and twice if I like it haha My wife is Korean and I have tried so many things I never excepted I would like but now crave. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69886 But the difference between cows and horses, is the cows have been raised and prepared for human consumption. The same can't be said regarding the horses. I don't care about the meat type, so much as the meat quality. Unless there's something I don't know about going on over there now, and my family has a lota 'splainin to do. I think my only limitations come with cats and dogs, because of the pet status. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69892 That's the thing though...Cows weren't always meant to be a source of food you know? It's the status that WE have given them. Horses are muscular animals with much less fat that cows. The meat probably tastes somewhat different, but it's just that, meat. I dunno, I understand the issues most have with it but the reasoning is truly flawed in my mind. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69896 Years of conditioning have made cows our primary food source, and horses not a food source. It happens with time, and people eating stuff. Still, your average horse isn't going to be primed for "quality consumption" if that makes any sense. Not enough to be prepared like a hamburger would, anyway - you know? Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69901 With what my wife spends a month on her 5 horses i'd eat that buger with a huge grin on my face. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69909 I agree with Spawn. I don't see what the stigma is with eating horse meat. It's still meat, not much different from cow meat, regardless of what was meant for the animal through breeding. People get too caught up on what things are supposed to do, and become blinded to other possibilities. Nothing is supposed to do anything, we create that purpose with our minds. Be creative. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.