June 4, 201016 yr comment_10375 Looks almost identical to Fallout 3, which isn't a bad thing. To those of you who played Fallout 3, what do you think? Report
June 4, 201016 yr comment_10382 I was skeptical about it at first because it looked just like Fallout 3 but wasn't made directly by Bethesda, but the more I hear, the better it's starting to sound. I'll probably end up getting it eventually.And I told GG he'd like the limited edition because it comes with a bunch of poker stuff, a few chips, a deck of cards, etc. lol Report
June 4, 201016 yr Author comment_10383 And I told GG he'd like the limited edition because it comes with a bunch of poker stuff, a few chips, a deck of cards, etc. lolYeah, it would be perfect for him, lol. Report
June 5, 201016 yr comment_10389 Didn't like fallout 3, i don't really know why either i liked similar RPG's but fallout just didnt click Report
June 5, 201016 yr comment_10391 I really liked Fallout 3, and I'll probably be getting this one as well. It looks pretty good. Report
June 5, 201016 yr comment_10395 Disappointed that its a copy and paste, which isn't particularly bad, but I was kinda looking forward to a different take on it since its coming from a different developer. Thought that kinda has me worried to, since when I think Obsidian, I think disappointment. The 2nd KOTOR was a disappointment compared to the 1st(not particularly their fault), and Alpha Protocol(which I was looking forward to back when it was supposed to come out last year) looks to have turned out very buggy. Report
June 5, 201016 yr comment_10397 Completely understandable. There is way too much potential in the engine to go a different route. I think it's entirely unfair to call it copy paste. Just because its the same engine ( likely an improved one ) . I think it won't be fair to judge until you hear the story line that comes from these guys. It's the lore that they're known for. Report
June 7, 201016 yr comment_10564 I for one can't wait. I wanna finish off all of the fallout 3 achievements first though *cough* Damn you alien archivist and Vault tech CEO *cough* this one seems a lot more fast paced though =/ also has this happened to anyone else? My save file on Fallout 3 was somehow wiped off my HDD and I decided to start over since I needed to anyway, well I finally escaped the vault, went to Megaton, defused the bomb and it brought me to lvl 50...wtf? Level cap is 30...how in the heck? Report
June 9, 201016 yr comment_10692 Disappointed that its a copy and paste, which isn't particularly bad, but I was kinda looking forward to a different take on it since its coming from a different developer. Thought that kinda has me worried to, since when I think Obsidian, I think disappointment. That's whats putting me off it too. I just think CoD4 vs W@W Report
June 9, 201016 yr comment_10695 Holy **** I'm getting this, I don't even care if the game sucks or not. I just want the stuff with it. When does it come out and where do I preorder it from to get that stuff? Report
June 9, 201016 yr Author comment_10698 Holy **** I'm getting this, I don't even care if the game sucks or not. I just want the stuff with it. When does it come out and where do I preorder it from to get that stuff?It has a projected release date of Fall 2010. You don't need to pre-order to get the stuff in the image I posted. All you need to do is buy the Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition. Here's a Gamestop information page.The Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition comes with: Let it Ride! In a huge, open world with unlimited options you can see the sights, choose sides, or go it alone. Peacemaker or Hard Case, House Rules, or the Wild Card - it’s all in how you play the game“Lucky 7” poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland. A fully customized Fallout: New Vegas deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas! A recreation of the game’s highly coveted “Lucky 38” platinum chip. A hardcover graphic novel “All Roads”, that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas. “All Roads” was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics. ‘The Making of Fallout: New Vegas’ DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more. Report
June 9, 201016 yr comment_10700 Holy **** I'm getting this, I don't even care if the game sucks or not. I just want the stuff with it. When does it come out and where do I preorder it from to get that stuff?HAHA knew it. Report
June 9, 201016 yr comment_10704 HAHA knew it.LOL... I was just waiting for him to post something like that... Report
June 10, 201016 yr Author comment_10765 The Pre Order Bonuses have been announced:GameStop -- The Classic Pack: Armored Vault 13 Suit - Extensively patched up and dotted with piecemeal armor, this outfit is an homage to the classic ending of the original Fallout.Vault 13 Canteen - This handy device is useful for staving off dehydration and providing a small amount of healing in the Mojave Wasteland.Weathered 10mm Pistol - A well-worn 10mm pistol that packs an extra punch despite its modest size.5 Stimpaks - Food and water are good for long-term healing, but when the fighting is fierce, Stimpaks help keep Wastelanders upright.Amazon -- The Tribal Pack:Tribal Raiding Armor - Pieced together from scraps of armor, this outfit provides protection without impacting mobility.Broad Machete - This heavy-bladed melee weapon does high damage against limbs and can quickly deal out a flurry of attacks.5 Bleak Venom doses - Useful on any Melee Weapon, Bleak Venom makes short of work of most living targets.10 Throwing Spears - If you would like to silently pin an enemy's head to a wall, Throwing Spears are the way to do it.Steam and Walmart -- The Caravan Pack: Lightweight Leather Armor - This hand-modified suit of leather armor reduces its overall weight without impacting its ability to protect.Sturdy Caravan Shotgun - Despite its rough appearance, this Caravan Shotgun will reliably fire 20 gauge shells until the Brahmin come home.4 Repair Kits - Useful for repairing any outfit or weapon, Repair Kits are a valuable tool for any caravaner.Binoculars – The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous place, but with these trusty Binoculars you’ll be able to spot trouble coming.Best Buy -- The Mercenary Pack:Lightweight Metal Armor - Modified for long-range travel, this Metal Armor sacrifices some protection for mobility and overall weight.Mercenary’s Grenade Rifle - Though similar to other 40mm Grenade Rifles in the Mojave Wasteland, this model has a faster reload cycle.3 Super Stimpaks - When you absolutely, positively, need to keep your blood inside your body, Super Stimpaks fix you up in no time.3 Doctors Bags - Mercenaries and broken limbs go together like Iguana-on-a-Stick and Nuka Cola. Thankfully, these Doctors Bags take a bit of sting out of the inevitable crushed skull.Source Report
June 10, 201016 yr comment_10767 Is it just me, or do those preorder bonuses sound more like starter kits? At least the second half of every one must be in game already (stim packs, repair kits, etc.). Report
June 10, 201016 yr comment_10768 I despise pre-order stuff like that(where there are tons of different in game ones at different places). Being Fallout that armor is probably obsolete not but a couple hours into the game, but it really annoys me since I do like to have everything in the game actually be unlocked. Report
June 10, 201016 yr comment_10788 I usually don't pre-order stuff unless there is money off... I could care less about stuff I get in the game. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.