February 1, 201313 yr comment_69839 The WSJ is confirming what we all saw in Sony's slick video teaser for its upcoming February 20th event: Sony will be announcing the PlayStation 4. Citing the ol' reliable 'people familiar with the matter', the WSJ says that the PS4 will be announced on February 20th and be released later this year. The WSJ also reports that Sony will try to throw in more "social gaming aspects" in the PS4, focusing more on how people "interact with the machine" than the sheer hardware power of the system. Sony had considered ditching the disk drive and using game downloads but decided that video game file sizes would be too large and Internet connections may be too slow to handle the load. Which means we can still expect the ol' disk bay to be in the PS4. The announcement of the PS4 will beat Microsoft's Xbox 360 successor to the punch, it's unclear if the actual next generation system will too. Both are expected to launch by this holiday season. [WSJ]Source Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69853 I'm going to say pass. Already own something that can run games in high detail. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69855 Im passing too. Marcy would have my balls mounted to the wall if i bought that. She flipped at a $300 football helm last monthh Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69860 I'll buy it, but that's not a surprise to anyone that knows me and my penchant for purchasing every system out there. Report
February 1, 201313 yr comment_69869 Shit, Shane wouldn't let me buy the last one, what makes me think he'd let me buy the more expensive one? "We have enough fucking game systems in this house!," he says. Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_69950 I can't say if I'll buy it until I know more. If I do, it probably will be a while. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.