January 27, 201313 yr comment_69604 http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelecatalano/2013/01/27/jonathan-coulton-vs-glee-its-about-the-ethics/Fox is shameless and I hope their show loses many viewers. Report
January 27, 201313 yr comment_69606 Fox is shameless. Not even giving the guy any credit. Plus, that show sucks. Report
January 28, 201313 yr comment_69663 I totally agree that was wrong of FOX. But I don't agree that the show sucks, I watch it actually *blush* lol. And I saw the episode thats called into question. The song was hilarious. I didn't know anything about this Jonathon person, but I guess thats the point. They should have given him some kind of credit. Report
January 28, 201313 yr Author comment_69666 Their reaction to it made me mad. They claimed that by using his arrangement, he got recognition. HOW? They never named him or ran his name in the credits. To further their douchiness, they sold the song on iTunes the next day. Still without any credit to Coulton. That was beyond foul. Report
January 28, 201313 yr comment_69668 The problem is most people who watch Glee probably dont' know who Jonathan Coulton is and therefore will continue to watch it Report
January 28, 201313 yr comment_69670 The problem is most people who watch Glee probably dont' know who Jonathan Coulton is Me. I agree, Coulton should have been acknowledged somewhere, either on the show, or on itunes. Or both. Edit: Forums don't seem to be quoting correctly either. Edited January 28, 201313 yr by Twiztid Rose Report
January 29, 201313 yr Author comment_69672 Coulton wasn't even the first artist ripped off. There's been a handful so far. Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_69693 What is even the appeal behind that show? DOn't they just sing? Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_69695 You know, I'll actually voice a fairly strong and potentially unpopular opinion here...Coulton is COMPLETELY overrated. Sure Fox may be wrong here, but who really gives a shit? The cover Coulton did sucks dirty ass. By that same token, the Glee version sucked dirty ass and now Coulton's cover of the Glee cover of of his cover, you guessed it, sucks dirty ass. And if you were wondering where Sir Mix-A-Lot is during all this...He's off sitting on a giant ass laughing while girls with big butts dance around him. Report
January 29, 201313 yr Author comment_69696 And Coulton's re-release is still paying Sir Mix Alot. Plenty of musicians suck. Doesn't mean it's okay to steal their arrangements. Report
January 29, 201313 yr comment_69710 And Coulton's re-release is still paying Sir Mix Alot. Plenty of musicians suck. Doesn't mean it's okay to steal their arrangements. This. Fox should be slapped upside the head with a dead fish for claiming he should be satisfied with "exposure". Clearly he's not claiming rights to the song (and never did), just the arrangement - which is completely fair since the arrangement is entirely different from the original song, and could be used for something else. I've watched Glee a handful of times at near gunpoint thanks to my mum, and it was... ok. The only bits I liked was with the cheerleading coach, Jane Lynch. But I also love that actress, so.. lol. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.