January 23, 201313 yr comment_69400 Following the announcement of Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen last year, we are now pleased to confirm concrete details about this expansion to the world of Dragon’s Dogma. Scheduled for release on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 from April 23 in North America and April 26 across Europe, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the next exciting chapter in the Dragon’s Dogma franchise. Available as both a physical disc and a full game digital download, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen delivers a huge brand new area, missions, enemies and more, plus all of the content from the original game.Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle where gamers will embark on an all-new quest to discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes and incredible treasure. Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will be able to export their existing characters and all other saved data to continue their journey as the Arisen, and face a new threat that has emerged from the cavernous depths. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armor sets. Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen.For those that missed Dragon’s Dogma the first time around, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content.Based on player feedback, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon’s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon’s Dogma and then purchase Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.So, what does Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen deliver?All of the content from the original Dragon’s Dogma plus… A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies More skills/equipment/augments: Level 3 Skills DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master Over 100 pieces of new equipment All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns 14 new character/Pawn augments New tiers of equipment enhancement And there’s more: Increased character customization options Item appraisal Option to select Japanese voice overDragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available at retail stores across North America for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and as a download from PlayStation Network on April 23, 2013 for $39.99. Report
January 23, 201313 yr comment_69407 Oh damn, I might just have to get that since I'm still waiting for a price drop on the original. $40 isn't a bad price. I know this is a typical Capcom move, but the main game hasn't dropped that hugely in price, only occasionally going to around $25 and usually hovering around $40 anyways. Weird that there's no mention of it being a DLC for the main game rather than a full game disc or download. I would hope that save files are compatible. Report
January 23, 201313 yr comment_69409 I read that you can either buy it as DLC or on disc, so I have no idea if that is a disc that includes the main game or not.Regardless Kev, it's a fantastic game. I definitely enjoyed my time with it. Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_69429 I read that you can either buy it as DLC or on disc, so I have no idea if that is a disc that includes the main game or not.Regardless Kev, it's a fantastic game. I definitely enjoyed my time with it.lol did you read the OP, Chris? It's a full game download from the marketplace/PSN Store or a full game disc, that includes the original game and Dark Arisen. It's basically Capcom doing Super Dragon's Dogma. I'm just wondering why there doesn't seem to be a version of it to download that applies to the original game, but again, it's Capcom. Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_69434 Yeah, I kind of wrote it wrong. It's DLC but it's a full game (thats what I meant anyways, but totally didn't come out right lol). And yeah it's par for the course with Capcom. Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_69489 OMG I've wet myself! I can't wait!! *jumping up and down*BTW! DING! I just hit lvl 200 last night! Report
January 27, 201313 yr comment_69624 If it is a retail only thing, will the old saves pick right up with the new game? Report
January 30, 201313 yr comment_69749 I would assume it would Dat, as long as you are selecting continue and not new game. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69907 I've never heard of this game....yes i live in the mountians. Is it a good pick up. Report
February 2, 201313 yr Author comment_69911 Rose is the resident expert in this game. I know she's been helping and outfitting Dat and my son in their games. Willing to bet she'd do the same for you if you grabbed this game. Report
February 2, 201313 yr comment_69913 I picked it up but all i have is a PS3. The kid told me its hard as hell. Great Report
February 4, 201313 yr comment_69942 Xbox is on the wish list but right now its a no. But i am enjoying the hell outa this game Report
February 6, 201313 yr comment_70885 You will be able to use your character from the original. Don't think you will be able to transfer your main pawn however? Likewise there is confirmed quest creation, which will allow players to select their objectives and their structure and then create and share new game content. Owners of dragon's dogma will get a lot of benefits if they transfer their save to work with the Dark Arisen expansion pack. Japanese blogs report that the benefits range from costume pack, 100k rift crystals and an infinite ferrystone stone. Report
February 6, 201313 yr comment_71076 I will probably pick this up when this super version comes out. Looks good! Report
February 7, 201313 yr comment_71120 You will be able to use your character from the original. Don't think you will be able to transfer your main pawn however? Likewise there is confirmed quest creation, which will allow players to select their objectives and their structure and then create and share new game content. Seems to me if you are able to use your character, it would include your pawn. Because they level together. I don't think they would do this to the devoted fans who have already put SOOOO many hours into their game already. You raise your character and pawn from the ground up. Don't quote me, but I feel confident that you will be able to transfer your pawn also. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.