Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Excited (and Nervous!) For Ashley!

Featured Replies

So I don't know if I ever told you guys, but Ash started going to a new school this year. Its only for sophmore- senior students, its called Vtec, here in Visalia, CA. The students can take college courses in a few select career paths. One being Veterinary, which Ash has always talked about. So thats what shes working towards.

She starts her first college class at the city college tonight!! She does take some college classes actually at her school, but then she can take some at the main college too. And they don't all have to be in her career path, but this one is.

She will have an AA in her veterinarians career by the time she graduates high school. Of course thats if she passes all of her courses and takes all of the required courses. Right now she holds a B average!!! I am so proud of my baby girl! She has come a long way from the time I pulled her out of school in jr high to home school her because of her horrible grades.

My baby is growing up!!

Edited by Twiztid Rose

The high school I want to had a similar program for gen eds. Help me get out of college a small master early too!

Really great to hear that she is doing that as it really will help later I'm sure.

I wish I had taken advantage of the college credit offered in High School, sounds like she is doing good and heading down a good path, I have a nephew in-law that is a Veterinarian and he enjoys it quite a bit.

My sister is going through vet school right now. She's in her 2nd year of grad school.

Her advice: Bust your ass. Vet school is very,very competitive and you'll need to stand out to even get interviews for the schools. I'd tell Ash to shoot for A grades from now on.

That's awesome Rose! Will give her a head start on her career. Always a good thing to know what you want to do. Have to agree with Ava though. I know a lot of vets and worked with a lot of vet students. It's a hard road and the better she does now the easier it will be to be accepted into schools later.

  • Author

Thanks guys, I will pass along the advice and well wishes.

She was sooo scared going into her class! It was all adults! But she seemed to like it. :)

If its' a passion of her's she should definitely pursue it, but def push her to push herself.

Vet school is VERY competitive, and even more so for women because it's a women dominated field.

  • Author

Its definitely a passion for her. She loves all animals. When she was younger (even still) she would bring home the FUGLIEST dogs wanting to keep them, she thought the were adorable! Ugh! But I guess we'll see how it goes. She's doing very good in school and I'm so proud of her. Even if she doesn't go all the way, she'll be able to get a better job than she would have. But I hope she makes it all the way!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.