Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Bioware's solution to appease LGBT players in the Star Wars MMO is less than appealing

Featured Replies

If this needs to me moved to the members only or political discussion I completely understand.

For a long time now there has been a disturbance in the Force. As if a million LGBT players suddenly cried out about the lack of "romance" options available to them.

Bioware listened, but like a genie who doesn't exactly give you what you want they decided to implement something mind boggling. Granted it took them over a year to shoehorn it into the game, however the implementation isn't exactly ideal. Solution? A gay planet.

Yes, you read that right. A completely seperate, and gay, planet. Not only that but the planet is only accessible to those who PAY Bioware to access it.

This has been dubbed by some as "pay-to-gay", and some disgruntled players are speaking out to say that it is downright segregationist to have a seperate planet for LGBT players.

What do you all think? I've never been one who has been chomping at the bit because a game HAS to have romance options. I understand it's a role-playing MMO and all but I don't see why it absolutely has to be included at all. I'd rather see the total removal of all romance than a developer doing something like this and making an ass of themselves.

I see it in the same vein as like call of duty elite extra content/perks/customization that if I want to pay for it I can, if not I still can enjoy the core game and features. I would perfer that developers do this then people who want that in a game can have it and those that dont, dont have to deal with it in their gameplay.

It's probably more of a product of the TOR not being in a great financial situation and bioware just in general not being good about dealing with romance and sexuality in their games.

A gay planet? Why does that sound just insulting?

Are they incapable of generating NPC romances without having to do something so ham-fisted?

I think having to pay for it is a bit ludicrous to be honest, but the fact it's an entire gay planet is almost more ludicrous. It just seems lazy.

While a planet seems strange enough, they decided to go ahead and charge for it to... that is just asking for trouble.

There no way I can really say this without it sounding weird... but couldn't they make it seem a little more I guess ... Normal?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.