January 12, 201313 yr comment_69052 Information - Also a good site to watch regularlyhttp://krebsonsecuri...e-java-exploit/Disabling Java in your OS and Web Browsershttp://www.java.com/...ble_browser.xmlAfter you've done all of that, check to see if Java is still running. Verify Java Version button> Skip installation of the current version and test the currently installed version of Java> (you want) "Something is wrong. Java is not working"http://www.java.com/...d/installed.jspI've noticed that Firefox has already alerted me, but didn't automatically disable it. Disable and restart your browser Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_69054 So tired of these applications and there crap. Specifically Flash, but java isn't too far behind. Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_69055 Java's constantly exploited, I never run the damn thing without explicit permissions. Report
January 12, 201313 yr Author comment_69058 So very true. I've never liked Java and constantly get frustrated by people who use it to make games. Report
January 14, 201313 yr comment_69127 Just heard about this, talking to the guys at work. Thanks for the info! Report
January 14, 201313 yr comment_69135 I like Java as a programming language (heck, its my job) but security has never been a strong suit for it... :-( Report
January 15, 201313 yr comment_69137 For Chrome users... Java is blocked by default...I never allow it automatically...https://support.goog..._blocked_plugin Report
February 26, 201313 yr Author comment_71868 Oops! http://thehackernews.com/2013/02/two-new-java-zero-day-vulnerabilities.html Report
February 26, 201313 yr Author comment_71873 Amen. If you don't use it currently and want to add it to your browser, here's the URL - http://noscript.net/ Report
February 27, 201313 yr comment_71880 Chrome by default asks you for permission before it runs plugins like Java. For most items on the web, you really don't need it. http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1247383 Report
February 27, 201313 yr Author comment_71889 All well and good, but I'm trying not to use Google products. I think using Gmail is even too much, but I still use it. lol http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505124_162-57569867/google-privacy-issues-in-forefront-again/ Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.