January 9, 201313 yr comment_68791 Hey Folks,I have been rather busy lately and have not had time to do much of anything so apologies if I have not been around for a bit. I saw this story today.http://www.gamespot....ive-ads-6402159Just what the Xbox needed........more ADS!I have not been gaming much anyways and will probably finally let my Live run out this time. I keep saying this over and over but time to save up for that gaming PC.My other thought is more and more I feel like I am losing interest in most games more quickly than usual. This last year especially. Even some of my favorite universes like ME3 did not capture me as much this time. I think it is the price of the games, LIVE, day one DLC, DRM, Online passes, etc, etc..I am almost saddened in a way like I am losing that loving feeling lolVec Report
January 9, 201313 yr Author comment_68793 I even look at Q1 of 2013. Nothing looks all that interesting.Bioshock Infinite? Perhaps.GTA V? Maybe. Although, I get to be Michael, Trevor, or Franklin? /yawnWe'll see I won't pass judgement too soon. Don't want to be too negative just yet Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68800 Steam, a service for video games on the PC - zero ads.Hard to believe, I know. lol Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68804 Steam, a service for video games on the PC - zero ads.Hard to believe, I know. lolSteam has certainly received more money from me than MS has... funny how that is. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68805 I think their only competition has been Amazon, and more often than not, those games on Amazon are redeemed via Steam. Win/win either way for the gamer. Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68806 Steam is great. I have it on my Mac. Just wish the Mac could play half they games I want haha.This Xbox live thing really sucks though. They raised the service to $60 awhile back, added ads, now more ads. Inefficient dashboard. It actually runs slower now in my opinion just like windoze lol. Somebody wake me up when my xbox live dash loads.I got rid of cable a few years back to escape all the damn commercials from TV. You pay all this money and watch mostly commercials. I thought I would miss cable. It was hard to decide to let it go. Best thing I ever did.Hulu was a joke too. You pay the $7.99/mo and still have to watch the ads. When you pay a subscription it should be ad-free. I always thought ads were used to allow services to offer free subscriptions. Slowly but surely they are trying to get both out of us.Netflix has spoiled me now lol. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68812 Have you ever been to Aspyr, Vec?http://www.aspyr.com/Greatest Mac publisher on Earth. Or so they claim. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68814 Wait, you pay for Hulu and STILL have to watch the ads? WTF? That's BS. Steam is technically one big advertisement when you log in, but you can choose to completely ignore it / skip it. That's what makes it so great, because it makes me more willing to browse the store because I'm genuinely interested versus having it smashed into my face.Not to derail, but has anyone seen the PSN remodel? They're trying to emulate xbox live, and it's AWFUL. It's all advertising, it's hideous, a pain in the ass to navigate, and crashes the system a ton. Cracks me up. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68841 Steam does have ads for themselves when you log in. Xbox Live has ads for cars and hair gel...Steam = FreeXbox Live = $60/yearDropping Xbox Live was not a hard decision for me. lol Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68847 Oh shiyat. I don't have an xbox live account (or even an xbox) so I had no idea they were advertising hair gel and stuff. That's absolutely ridiculous. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68862 I dont miss my xbox live. Since i never play online. @bad yeah psn has gotten ugly with its dash. Cant find shyt and honestly just give up looking after 10 kin Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68864 You guys can curse on the forums. We got rid of the filters a little while ago. Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68874 Have you ever been to Aspyr, Vec?http://www.aspyr.com/Greatest Mac publisher on Earth. Or so they claim.I have heard that name but never been to the site. I will check that out. I do have some games like Civ V and such but my system is maxed out. Need upgrades!!! Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68875 Steam does have ads for themselves when you log in. Xbox Live has ads for cars and hair gel...Steam = FreeXbox Live = $60/yearDropping Xbox Live was not a hard decision for me. lolOn steam at least it is stuff about games. Xbox Live is bad because like you said hair gel and stuff plus when your going over the boxes trying to get to a box you need, you have to cross one of those advertisement boxes. When you cross it the thing starts blaring at some super volume.What sucks is when games like Halo 4 don't really function without gold. You can't even do solo Spartan Ops without being constantly connected. The only thing you can really play is the campaign. Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68876 Just looked at my Live subscription. It expires next month. Perfect timing for me to let it go. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68879 It's easier to leave than I thought. The only thing that sucks about leaving, is Xbox hounding you to upgrade back to gold. Makes me want to create a restraining order, I swear. Report
January 10, 201313 yr Author comment_68892 Yeah I have lapsed before on it and it does hound you. What is dumb about Xbox Live Gold is that without it you can't even play online with people. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68894 Thats the one thing i like of my ps3.....no charge for online play Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_68972 I was a gold member for a long time, but I finally dropped it. Stupid Xbox Live and stupid Gold. I'm glad more people are turning towards the PC. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.