January 8, 201313 yr comment_68702 You are at the doctor’s office and (s)he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid? Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68703 sit back and reflect, then i'd probably gorge myself with tons of food during the last two weeks. Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68705 I think i would tell everyone I know, but not everyone I meet. Not sure exactly though how I would spend my time, stop caring about bills thats for sure maybe take a weekend vacation with my girlfriend and enjoy ourselves. More than liklely the first 2 weeks I wouldnt be afraid, the 3rd it would be a constant thought and the 4th I would be terrified. The day in question though, man i dont even want to think about that Report
January 8, 201313 yr comment_68707 I would tell people I knew and spend time with family and enjoy myself, I dont think I would be afraid. Hopefully I could pass peacfully and not be a draining experience for my family. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68718 I wouldn't tell a soul. I don't want those sorry looks or anyone feeling sorry for me. Just want to appreciate the time I have left with them. They also don't have to worry about if this will be the last time they talk to me. They can be themselves like they always have been.First thing I'd do is make sure my shit is handled before passing on. I don't need to leave a messy legacy for anyone to clean up after. With the remaining time, I'd visit my family.I would be scared, yes. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68722 A.) I agree with PeeKnuckle. I wouldn't tell a soul. I want people to remember me as the man I was, not the sickly or near death person I would be at the time.B.) I would spend the majority month with my brother, taking him camping/fourwheeling/etc. The last week I would spend with the rest of my family. On the day leading up to my death I would steal a 67-71 fastback mustang, raising hell on the highway with a 30 car line of police cruisers chasing after me. The ending result would be a firey car crash in which I would burn to death. The remains of my body are to be cremated and put in shotgun shells to be shot over the local firing range.C.) I can't say no because that would be untrue. But I wouldn't be hysterical. Death is inevitable. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68737 I wouldn't tell anyone but my closest friend. I would get my affairs in order and spend as much time as I could with my wife and kids. Right at the end, I would work with my friend to ensure that instead of cremation, I go out in a Mythbusters style explosion. Contained, of course, so little bits if me don't go flying all over everyone watching.As for being scared, no I don't think so. I'm quite content with how I've lived my life. I feel my wife would stick to raising our kids in the same manner as we always have and they wouldn't turn out to be little shits and will make something if themselves. So, no, not scared. If anything I'd be regretful of not being able to be there for my family any longer. I am the one everyone leans on when needed. Sounds self centered, I know, but it's the truth. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68762 i don't think i'd tell anyone, and i'd tried to get laid as much as possible. Report
January 9, 201313 yr comment_68780 Dont tell anyone....not there prob. Go talk to my dad i havent seen in 6yrs. Spend time with my family. Do all the crazy stuff im to chicken to do. And my last week id pull out my rifle and list of who goin with me Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68807 i don't think i'd tell anyone, and i'd tried to get laid as much as possible. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68815 A. No one gets to know.B.Stop going to classes(worthless in about a month anyway),I have always wanted to go to Six Flags, OOH and all kinds of sky diving.C. No reason to be scared as long I live with no regrets, and I am not about to start now. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68822 I'd tell my girlfriend and nobody else.I would do what I always do, I do things I enjoy as it is, so why change it? There isn't any of the life changing experiences I want to have that'll occur in a month.Death doesn't scare me, stupid people do.All that being said, my possessions are all to go to my girlfriend. She knows what to do with them in case of my untimely expiration. Report
January 10, 201313 yr comment_68853 I'd tell my immediate family and my boyfriend about my impending death. Nothing's worse than having the rug yanked from under you. That way all the funeral BS can be taken care of (aka: No funeral. Throw a wake.) and they aren't left with any feelings of guilt for not "treating [me] better" because I didn't tell them, and they wish they could have known. I don't want anyone feeling responsible.My remaining days would be probably trying to see as much of the world as humanly possible, and make sure no one gets saddled with my debt. school loans lolAnd as much as I'd love to say I wouldn't be afraid, I'm sure in those final few days I would become afraid. Not to mention immensely saddened by all the wonderful things I'd be leaving behind. Report
January 11, 201313 yr comment_68970 I'd tell my wife.Probably spend time with her and familyHmm. If it was certain death? Probably not. Report
January 12, 201313 yr comment_69009 I don't think I would tell any one. I would fly somewhere I've never been for a week or two and then come back to spend the last two with my family and friends. Report
January 13, 201313 yr comment_69068 I would tell immediate family, but thats probly it.Spend the first week writing down all my ideas and book outlines, that way someone could finish them later.I'd do my best to spend the rest of my time making it easier for those I leave behind. I wouldn't be afraid, just hopeful I had done everything I could to make a difference for at least one other person. Report
January 13, 201313 yr comment_69075 I would tell no one, and try to do everything I have wanted to do within that month. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.