Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Anonymous takes on Westboro Baptist

Featured Replies

http://gizmodo.com/5968886/anonymous-attacks-westboro-baptist-church-over-sandy-hook-funeral-protest

if you follow Anonymous on Twitter, you also know that they successfully entered a death certificate for the leader of Westboro, rendering her SSN expired. They also got into her PayPal account and asked if anyone needs anything for Christmas.

Westboro also tweeted today -- http://i.imgur.com/axt00.png

Its always good to see someone stand up to them. Hopefully they will give tham as much grief as they have caused.

Don't know what I think about this really... seems that fighting fire with fire isn't a real good idea. Just because someone wronged you (and yes Westboro has wronged a lot of people with their messed up views) but more evil deeds is not what the world needs at this point. I do believe in due time though, Westboro will get what is coming to them, but that is not Anonymous' job to do IMO.

Nothing against you personally, Sky, but I dislike the whole "they'll get what's coming to them, don't do anything" attitude with religions. It's people that have the capacity to enact focused change. I'm glad Anonymous is doing this to such a hateful group. Better than waiting for an earthquake to swallow up the place or something.

No problem Kevin. Just want to clarify though that I am not saying that noting should be done about the group. I think it would be good to see them listed as a hate group and have legal action brought against them. While I still believe they will get what is coming to them, that doesn't necessarily mean for us all to sit on the sidelines and ignore what is in front of us. I believe there is a right way for the public to handle this situation but the approach Anonymous is taking is not the right one.

Not trying to step on anyone's beliefs or anything. Its great to hear how others respond to this and just thought I would share my two cents :-)

Good. I would really like to see them listed as a hate group.

This, a million times over. I believe in right to free speech like most people, but just like yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theatre, some things should NOT be appropriate or allowed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.