December 3, 201213 yr comment_66632 Well, I'm half as much of a bum. I'm still living at my parent's for now after the divorce but getting a car finally is a big step. Picked up a 2001 Toyota Celica GT-S with low miles. Had to drive down to Scranton, PA (a bit over an hour) to get it but I'm definitely stoked. It's in great condition. *dances*Of course, I'm sure it's going to handle like shit in the snow up here, but I'll just throw some snow tires on it and not drive like a maniac. Report
December 3, 201213 yr comment_66633 Congrats man!I've been trying to buy a car for months now. Having new, recently established credit sucks. Report
December 3, 201213 yr Author comment_66634 I paid cash for it (about 5k). I've been saving up a bunch of money since the seperation and all that. It'll be nice to have no car payment Report
December 4, 201213 yr comment_66672 You never were a bum :-PCongratz on the car man. Great to hear things going well for you! Report
December 4, 201213 yr comment_66677 grats on the car chris, youll have to post some pictures of it once you go and pic it up Report
December 4, 201213 yr Author comment_66698 You never were a bum :-PCongratz on the car man. Great to hear things going well for you! I was totally a bum without a car. I absolutely HATED it!!! hahaha@Stealthy: I will totally post pictures. I'm hoping to pic it up today! Woooo! Report
December 4, 201213 yr Author comment_66727 I will totally take better, and more pictures tomorrow when it's light out. It was a little late and I just snapped a quick one at the gas station before I filled it up to drive it back up from Pennsylvania to NY.And my god is this car fun to drive..... *drools* I'm so going to get a speeding ticket. It does 90 before I know it hahaha Report
December 5, 201213 yr Author comment_66731 I can't believe I only paid $4900 for it. Everything even checked out ok with my mechanic. I'm stunned. Plus they just replaced the whole head gasket (the dealership spent around $1,400 on it) since they bought it at auction from a dealer who didn't want to, and I have all the receipts for that. That was the one thing I was worried about, the head gasket since it's 10 years old and bit over 100k miles, and it's already been done. I couldn't have gotten any luckier. Looooooove this car. Report
December 5, 201213 yr comment_66777 look at that you got water all over it, well its sure to be ruined now. you might as well send it down to me Report
December 5, 201213 yr Author comment_66782 Morning dew my man..... Just makin' it shiny for me to drive around in. Report
December 6, 201213 yr comment_66829 Wonder if you're trying to impress someone with that thing. lolLooks sweet for the price. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.