April 4, 201016 yr comment_752 Why is it so many people don't know how to carry a conversation? You go on a date, and you ask questions to figure out how to converse they answer and that's it. They don't add nothing to it. It's so freaking annoying. I can understand if someone is shy or if someone isn't digging such person or doesn't like the person. Not the case. Seriously the last thing I want to do is sit through something and come up with questions and things to talk about. Here let me give you an example. I'll make up some answers. So where do you work? I'm a nurse. Um alright do you like it? Yea. So have you always lived here? Yea. THE WHOLE ******* NIGHT. I mean come on I'm not trying to be a ***** but at least ask about me or elaborate on something specific, or anything for that much I mean I would rather someone just grunt the whole night then just say yes, no, okay, i don't know, it would be a **** of a lot more interesting. I go the whole night trying to get a conversation going and nothing. I've ran into this hundreds of times before and I guess I'm just tired of it. Alot of people even think they aren't like this but they most definitly are. About half the people I come in contact with are like this. I mean I understand if things weren't working out she wasn't digging me etc but she asked me to hang out again...... I don't get this trend really I don't. People just remember if your talking to someone whether it be a date, with friends, with coworkers bring something to the table. Don't just yea, no, okay it. I don't ever vent on forums but I'm annoyed. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_756 Oh and let me add to it, you can even just ask the same question some ask you and that is much more acceptable then not adding anything at all. Example. So what did you do last night? Oh I went out, how about you? Now that way is still pretty lazy on that person's part but at least it adds a whole 2 seconds to the conversation and might spark interest some how. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_757 If I'm out with a girl I like, I get nervous and start coming up with all sorts of random stuff to chat about. I used to be real quiet, but it's all a matter of maturity. I guess if you're not that comfortable with a person, you won't talk as much. If you are mature enough to know how to turn someone on though, it just comes natural.I have a good sense of humour, and you can talk to me about almost anything. In fact, the more controversial the subject, the more I'm willing to contribute to the conversation. That's just how I am. When it comes to small talk though, that's what makes me uncomfortable. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_758 My amazing powers from the great beyond tell me that you had a date that was either: A)Boring B)Dreadful or C) Both (J/K Bro). Regardless of what happened, that's just something that lies within that person's personality. Some people are just content with a simple and straightforward answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't really help in a situation when people are supposed to get better acquainted, but that's how it goes. I also agree with everything eminutia said.Edit: To add one more thing, it also depends on a particular topic. I can be kind of shy until someone gives me a topic that I can really get into. So I may not talk much in certain situations either, but that again goes back to having a subject that really helps break the ice. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_761 My amazing powers from the great beyond tell me that you had a date that was either: A)Boring B)Dreadful or C) Both (J/K Bro). Regardless of what happened, that's just something that lies within that person's personality. Some people are just content with a simple and straightforward answer. Unfortunately, it doesn't really help in a situation when people are supposed to get better acquainted, but that's how it goes. I also agree with everything eminutia said.Yeah, straightforward is not my thing. My brain works in a way that if someone talks to me about something, I will come up with as many different opinions or viewpoints on that subject, keep them all in memory, and start conversating. That way I can carry on the conversation for much longer. And if it ends abruptly, I will ask them about something they might be interested in, or anything random like that. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_768 I also enjoy a deep and engaging conversation, but there are times when people don't have much in common so they don't really feel like they can truly be themselves. I can be flirty with some girls I know and then be really shy with others. It depends on the type of person she is, and if it connects well with your personality. I suppose that's pretty much the definition of chemistry between two people lol. Sometimes though, if I feel a convo isn't really going anywhere I'll try a new topic, but if that fails, I tend to flail around the room until I'm in a more comfortable position. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_770 Every topic I could think of was presented. Anything I could think of to peek someones interest. I've been out with hundred's of girls, I've had some great dates, have had some ****** ones. And the ****** ones were mainly contributed because the person didn't know how to carry a conversation. I know I'm not going to connect with everyone but conversation should be a must. Even if I don't like the girl, or want to get involved with her and she does, I still bring something to to the table to talk about. Maybe it's just a female thing and I can't understand. It's actually strange the best dates I usually have are ones where we don't have much in common. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_780 Sometimes being different from one another is what makes things interesting. Still, it comes down to what their impression is of you. If they're not feelin' it, it'll be easy to tell. That's not always the case, but it happens. I'd say to not give it much thought and just keep moving forward. With so many people on this planet, a lot of those things are pretty much guaranteed to happen a few times. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_784 Trust me I have no problem with dating lol. This isn't about the date this is about people not knowing how to converse whether it be in person, on the phone, texting, or online etc. I don't care about the date, it was just an example. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_798 Go out on a date with me.I'm interesting.Give me alcohol, then It's REALLY interesting Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_801 Truth be told, alcohol makes everything in life more interesting. Robin Williams says it best: Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_802 Alcohol is a major gateway for me. Self destruction starts with a drink. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_812 Go out on a date with me.I'm interesting.Give me alcohol, then It's REALLY interestingAw but I would feel guilty because I probably wouldn't drink myself. I'm not a very good drunk lol. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_813 Should have sat at the table and texted her questions so that the answers could be even shorter. As in: We shd c other pple. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_815 there's your problem, gg. shoulda both belted a couple shots or something, lightened the mood. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_816 Once again not about the date, it was an example. lolThe mood wasn't tense or uncomfortable, it's just some people don't know how to converse. Besides I don't need booze to have a good time. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_821 1. Alcohol!!!!! , especially if there's tables and dancing involved is awesome! 2. sometimes you have to ask the questions in a slightly different way. I have friends who are like that, so what i do is instead of asking them if they liked a movie i ask them "so what did you think about when (actor) ( did particular action), or what was your favorite part of the movie. some people are just not great with conversation and need guidelines. it doesn't mean they're not interested or dont want to talk, they just need conversation gps. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_861 people who don't carry on a conversation well bother me to... but that may also have something to do with the fact I am a very vocal person. Report
April 4, 201016 yr Author comment_865 1. Alcohol!!!!! , especially if there's tables and dancing involved is awesome! 2. sometimes you have to ask the questions in a slightly different way. I have friends who are like that, so what i do is instead of asking them if they liked a movie i ask them "so what did you think about when (actor) ( did particular action), or what was your favorite part of the movie. some people are just not great with conversation and need guidelines. it doesn't mean they're not interested or dont want to talk, they just need conversation gps.Yea I already know, I do do that. My questions were examples. I just don't understand people sometimes, when someone ask me a question that I know they are actually wanting to know I elaborate atleast by one sentence to keep it some what entertaining. And I usually go about answering whatever question might be coming next, so they don't even have to bother asking. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_868 I get what you were saying dude. You were venting and listing all those things were your way of getting the point across. You weren't inquiring so much as you were making a statement. I was totally misreading it earlier (I iz not good at reading lol). On the plus side, I totally agree with you. Report
April 4, 201016 yr comment_931 GG's funny when he's drunk. "Why's this guy always saying 40 pillows?" "What's it even mean?" *mimicing Forty Below on UNO* "Ughhhh 40 pillows! 40 pillows!" lol Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1214 Lol I seriously hope that was a joke.it was, dont worry i hate people who cant keep conversations going too. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.