Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Mark Hamill to retire from voice acting the Joker

Featured Replies

markhamilljoker.png

Hamill took some convincing to sign on for the sequel. "My answer to [developers Rocksteady] for the sequel was, 'Guys, we're never going to be able to top the original.' It was so claustrophobic. There were so many abilities like the stealth mode, and all those things you can do with the new technology. I wanted to be able to say I'd gone out on a high note."

It was the same reaction he'd had when Rocksteady first approached him about the role in the original Batman: Arkham Asylum. "When they said, 'We want you to come back [to the role of The Joker] and do Arkham,' I said the same; 'I left on a high note, I don't think we could ever top that.' But they said, 'We got Paul Dini,' who was my favourite ever Joker writer, 'and Kevin Conroy,' who I love. This was a real reunion and a very pleasant experience. So of course I relented, but I had no idea it would have the impact it did."

So what changed his mind? "I got on the phone with Rocksteady and they really reassured me and told me what they were going to do with the sequel. But I'm sworn to secrecy!"

Nevertheless, there's plenty to be gauged from his final remarks, certainly about the fate of The Joker in this second part. "This will be my last, there's no question about that. But it's the last hurrah."

If Rocksteady repeat the success of the first game with this sequel a third will be on the cards, but it definitely won't feature Hamill's Joker. So does he die during Arkham 2? Hamill won't be drawn on what his determination to make this his last appearance means for the character, but the implication is obvious.

joker_arkham_asylum1.jpg

So long, clown prince.

Read the rest of Mark Hamill's interview at IGN

Well this sucks. He was always the best at Joker in my opinion. If they do make a 3rd Batman AA game, then it better not even have The Joker in it, because someone else doing his voice, will ruin it for me. I don't think he will die in the sequel though. Maybe Batman will capture him, and throw him in Arkham (again), but I don't think he'll die.

Personally, I don't think he can die. He should be dead already, several times over.

They feed off of each other. It's really a symbiotic relationship. They both know it, too. I don't think there's ever been a better arch-nemesis role in anything.

You can't have light without dark. You can't have the Bat without the Joker.

If anything they'll find a way to resolve the conflict w/o killing him off. Or they won't do an AA 3. Or if they -DO- happen to try an AA 3 then if they've any brains what so ever, they'll use someone else other than the Joker as the big bad.

What am I saying? It'll be an executive's decision, completely money driven and no ounce of common sense involved. Commence the 'DOOM' bell-ringing. /sarcasm.

Hamil is the Joker in my mind and I think it would be wrong in my mind to try and replace him in a game. If there is a third game then they should shift the focous to another villain perhaps Ras Al Ghoul? I have high hopes for AA2 so I hope he does truely go out with the bang that her deserves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.