October 30, 201213 yr comment_65268 Star Wars Episode 7 targeted for release in 2015. Seriously.http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-news/press-releases/2012/10/disney-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd Report
October 30, 201213 yr comment_65269 I'm divided. I want to say that it's a horrible move, but really.... what has Lucas done to his franchise the last fifteen years. I'll reserve judgement until Episode seven comes out. I just wonder if the previous decision to redeploy the previous episodes in 3d will still be on the slate. Report
October 30, 201213 yr Author comment_65270 They plan on releasing a new film every 2-3 years. Wow. Whore that franchise. Report
October 30, 201213 yr comment_65276 Honestly as long as Lucas doesnt do the directing or script they could improve the series, there could still be some cool storylines in the Star Wars universe. Report
October 30, 201213 yr comment_65277 So they are totally gonna fuck up the extended universe canon aren't they. Report
October 31, 201213 yr comment_65285 Pretty smart move considering they get the special effects divisions that come with it. Disney will have their hands in lots of movies now. Does that mean all new canon has to be approved by them? Probably just whore it out for the right price. Report
October 31, 201213 yr comment_65289 Star Wars is most certainly played out at this point. But one thing that I really hope does somehow come out of this, is new Monkey Island games by Lucas Arts. Report
October 31, 201213 yr Author comment_65291 I'm still in awe for how cheap they picked up LucasArts for. 4 Billion is pretty inexpensive. They paid almost double for Pixar. Report
October 31, 201213 yr Author comment_65294 http://chainsawsuit.com/2012/10/31/happy-halloween/ Report
October 31, 201213 yr comment_65301 i really dont want more star wars movies but considering how bad the prequels were I can't imagine Disney doing a worse job than lucas (and I'm sure he would had more movies planned). Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65323 I hope the give the license to a decent developer and get some good games out there again. I really want another Jedi Knight game, the force unleashed doesn't even come close to Jedi Academy. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65343 New Rogue Squadron and also X-Wing V. Tie Fighter games please and thank you. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65352 I think it's in fine hands. Look at how successful all the marvel movies are. Report
November 1, 201213 yr comment_65355 I think it's in fine hands. Look at how successful all the marvel movies are.True, last few Marvel movies have been awesome. Report
November 2, 201213 yr comment_65371 I think Star Wars was done a long time ago. The movies have gotten "meh", but maybe Disney can breathe life into them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.