Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Assassin's Greed

Featured Replies

http://www.gamespot....actions-6399037

Alright I thought the post title was funny. Just read that Assassin's Creed 3 is going to support micro transactions. What that could mean is that you can buy in-game credits to buy things to help your character with xbox points which we all know cost real money. This happened in ME3 where you could buy specter packs or the new SSX where you could get items faster that could help you win on certain tracks. I don't buy this stuff because it is way more fun to earn it.

While the games are not forcing me to buy these things I just don't like this news at all. An example would be what has happened to iOS gaming. All the games have this IAP(in-app purchase) model now. I get the game for free but there is a point where the game becomes unusable unless you start forking over some dough.

My worry is that the future of gaming will be I pay $60 for an unfinished game that they hope to support through DLC and micro transactions in attempt to drain me dry as opposed to getting a full gaming experience for my $60 and using the DLC to extend the game for those of us who love it that much. I gave into the bioware ME DLC in the past and came away disappointed on some of it and have been staying away from all other DLC except maybe Borderlands.

I really want to experience Assassin's Creed 3 but I just don't like what I am hearing. I guess I don't have to buy any extras but I hope this is a full gaming experience for the price of a new game.

This topic gets beat to death on the interwebs but what do you guys think?

I only support microtransactions when the initial product is free. Buy a free app/game and if you like it pay to expand it. Now if I'm coughing up $60 for a game you better sure as hell give me what I pay for.

*in before anyone says "it's a business and businesses make money" comments*

I agree with Skylark on this one mostly. I can see SOME room for microtransaction possibly (maybe only aesthetically related stuff). The two best games I've played that support microtransactions are completely F2P (World of Tanks and MechWarrior Online which just became open Monday and I'm not subject to NDA any longer) and they definitely do it the right way IMO.

BUt yeah I really hate the trend of where this is all going honestly. :(

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.