Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Internet at my Apartment

Featured Replies

That is absolutely CRAZY dude.

I just did a bunch of networking tune-ups at my parents place where I'm staying. The connection there SUCKED, even with the Time Warner "turbo" stuff. I figured out what the problem was.

He had an old Cisco wireless G router, like one of the first G models and a bunch of the rooms in the house are "wired" so he had some sort of seperate hub too. So the connection went from the modem, to the crappy router, to this insanely old ethernut hub from the 90's my friends and I used to use to have LAN parties. Needless to say there was a crapload of bottlenecking. Even on wired connection I was only pulling around 7mb down.

I threw out the router and I threw out the hub and slapped in a brand new Netgear R6300 router and ran all the extra connections directly through that. Not only are the speeds insanely fast now but this thing throws off an incredible wireless signal I can strongly connect to from two floors up and across the house. Granted I'm only pulling like 40/10 now and nothing even close to your 100mb ridiculousness.

Awesome dude. Wish we had fiber here!! :)

  • Author

200 MB download from amazon cloud took about 20-25 seconds... :-)

Steam usually caps out at about 8-12MB/sec depending on the day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.