September 4, 201214 yr comment_63272 http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/04/antisec-hackers-leak-1000001-apple-device-ids-allegedly-obtained-fbi-breach/Within the above link, is another link to check if your IOS device was one of those obtained from the FBI. Report
September 4, 201214 yr Author comment_63273 This is relevant, too.http://pastebin.com/nfVT7b0Z Report
September 4, 201214 yr comment_63282 Sh*t like this is exactly why I didn't want to register my iPod. It wouldn't let me make an account without entering my credit card information. And I had no intention of spending money on iTunes so I said eff that. Report
September 4, 201214 yr comment_63290 I suppose I'm in the clear since my ipod is an real old ipod classic, UDID doesn't even come up for it in itunes. Report
September 5, 201214 yr comment_63294 I don't any iDevices but passing on to those I know who thought iPhone was a better choice than Android Report
September 5, 201214 yr Author comment_63298 Safe! Because I own no apple products!High five, tiny feet. Me too. Report
September 5, 201214 yr comment_63305 So I just bought an iPad two weeks ago only because I am too impatient to do real research into which tablet would be best and also because all my trendy Chapel Hillians who I video chat with haves Apple products thus FaceTime trumps Skype. Plus it is shiny and lets me look at things at work when I have nothing to do. But point being [in regards to this topic] I am safe. Report
September 5, 201214 yr comment_63324 Apparently Adrien Chen at Gawker was contacted somehow by the group and demanded he wear a tutu and put a shoe on his head and post it on the front page of Gawker. They told him to do this and they would release info to him about it. I say it's a trap lol. Report
September 5, 201214 yr Author comment_63338 For any that feel they weren't on that database, realize that AntiSec only released one million IDs. They claim to have over 12 million. Not out of the woods, yet. Report
September 5, 201214 yr comment_63351 I'm less concerned with the leak than the fact the FBI had the info in the first place. Report
September 5, 201214 yr Author comment_63362 Exactly, Dat. And I know we'll never learn the reason behind it all.I'd still like the heads up if the FBI had my IOS ID, though. I'd probably shit my damn pants. Report
September 6, 201214 yr comment_63399 They're datamining just about EVERYTHING for no gd good reason PK. I just read something too about how some group set up a private fake torrent thing, and how they found out the FBI was monitoring everyone who connected to it and logging IPs and stuff for no reason within a few hours. Report
September 6, 201214 yr comment_63410 I'd think it's be amusing if anyone ever hacked my phone and read the texts I send/receive. Report
September 8, 201214 yr comment_63490 I'd think it's be amusing if anyone ever hacked my phone and read the texts I send/receive.http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/ Report
September 10, 201214 yr comment_63567 I googled my area code and I have lame friends. Mine are way funnier than that. Report
September 10, 201214 yr comment_63615 High five, tiny feet. Me too.Disregard Apple, acquire security. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.