Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Kinect Gets a $40 Price Drop

Featured Replies

Microsoft has announced that the Kinect’s price has dropped from $149.99 to $109.99 almost reaching the below $100.00 mark.  The price drop is permanent in North America, Latin America, and Asia Pacific as of today with Australia and New Zealand seeing the cheaper Kinect on October 4th.

Not included in the new lower pricing are Japan, Europe, Middle East, and Africa.

via Major Nelson



View the full article

Wreckateer, Double Fine Happy Action Theater, The Gunstringer, and Fruit Ninja. All those are great Kinect titles. I know they may seem fairly kiddie, but I get quite a lot of enjoyment out of them. Especially The Gunstringer.

I guess it's part of my sickness of collecting not just games, but systems/peripherals as well. I literally own EVERY SYSTEM and major peripheral since the Atari 2600. And I mean every system. Some stuff that probably sold like 10 to 15 pieces total (Looking at you Action Max). Now, to answer you question more directly, I think it's worth it for not just the few games I've mentioned, but for voice controls and some of the other things it does. Video Kinect is great for keeping in touch with my brother and his family who is hours away. Overall, I don't have buyer's remorse and I bought it at launch (i.e. full price).

lol. I bought it too, and gave it away. I don't use the Xbox enough to think about the other features. I'd like to try it out, but I really just wish it had windows support. Makes no sense to me why'd they'd make a peripheral like that and not give it native support in windows.

There IS some sort of Windows support but I'm not sure if it's in games., however they are slightly different hardware revisions. From what I've read the cameras in the Windows version are 'calibrated for Near Mode'. Sounds like marketing speak to me, but whatever. I dig it. Then again, I seem to be easier to please with things that most people lately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.