Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

New Room

Featured Replies

So I've finally moved out to my new room and have it all mostly set up. It's a guest house outside of the main house. The main benefit is I'll now be able to use microphone and do whatever gaming and streaming-wise at night. I'd like to do more co-op now, things like GTA IV or Red Dead Redemption gatherings if we ever do something like that again.

Here are some giant 8MP webcam pics I took of the room lol.

20120813003510624.jpg

20120813004121631.jpg

20120813004737055.jpg

It's still a bit of a mess and I need to find some more places to put things away, but it's definitely a lot nicer than my smaller room inside the house. More space for sure.

  • Author

I practice sorcery in there, yes.

The bed actually has machinery under it that lets the head and/or feet lift up, so it can be almost like a couch. I don't even really use that computer chair or desk lol. Then I just put the computer or console on the TV. JTV chat when I'm streaming goes on the monitor and I can read it from there if I zoom in enough.

The room also has a heater and a swamp cooler. In the second image, behind the bed is a night stand, a bean bag chair, and a mini fridge. In the first, by the closet is a book shelf I bought with all my books, games, and movies on it, plus knick knacks on the top and top shelf of it, like the Halo 3 LE Master Chief helmet.

So it's more of a man cave than anything.

  • Author

Well, the bed also vibrates... Or in Shepard's words "The bed is harder than it looks."

"I'll take your word for it."

lol

But I like it out here. Nice and quiet. When I start making enough money I may have to start paying rent, something like just the electric bill for starters. At the moment the deal with my dad is that I basically just help around the house and keep it clean.

Still a couple things I plan to add to the room. New curtains, a rug that wires can go under (monitor cable when I get the cable that lets me put it on the night stand, and ethernet cable will be coming from the wall behind the bed when I run it into the room), a trash bin, and eventually maybe one more piece of furniture in the set, the chest.

Here's an image of the furniture collection. They're hard to see clearly in the pics I took, but here you can see them. Pretty nice stuff now that I see it in person. I just got the night stand and dresser, and like I said might get the chest a few months later on. Probably store more of my electronics and stuff on the floor in it.

he2119tbkbedset.jpg

  • Author

It's the black Sanibel Collection from Homelegance (it also comes in a white finish). I ordered it through a semi-local furniture store on the way to work and they delivered. A bit pricy but I managed to get the pair (night stand and dresser with mirror) for $750 total, tax and shipping included. Only took almost two paychecks lol (two payments of 375). If I do get the chest, it would be a few months from now and not hit the bank so hard. I'm only short now because I wanted the stuff sooner than later so I could get moved out here.

  • Author

I ran the wire again (now 150ft of Cat5 ethernet cable) and don't have to worry about wireless internet anymore. I was getting between 12 and 15 down, and 4 to 6 up. Now I'm back to about the full speed that my service offers.

2127478752.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.