August 9, 201214 yr comment_61782 I have prettymuch decided that I want an Android tablet. I have been looking at the new Nexus 7 Tablet, but am somewhat turned off by the idea that there is no sdcard slot. I know a few of you have tablets and am interested in recommendations.Here is what I am looking for:Price Range: $150-$300GPS: yesMicroSD: yesMemory: ~1GBProcessor: Tegra 2 or Tegra 3WiFi: yes3G/4G: noAndroid Version: 4.0 ICS or 4.1 Jellybean preferred.Good development community for rooting, custom ROMs, etc.Any ideas? Been looking at the Samsung Galaxy series and a few from Asus so far. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_61785 Other than no sd, nexus is best in my opinion. Thrive is good. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_61789 Damn that's a shame. Earlier this week Woot.com had a pretty kickass 32GB Sony tablet with a cradle included for about $220ish.http://www.woot.com/offers/sony-32gb-9-4-tablet-s-w-cradleAlmost bought it myself. Report
August 9, 201214 yr comment_61837 I still haven't jumped on the tablet wagon. Not sure what I'd get if I did. Report
August 13, 201214 yr comment_61979 I love mine. I thought the sd slot was going to be an issue but it hasn't bothered me yet. Report
August 13, 201214 yr Author comment_61982 My initial reaction after playing with it for a little bit.... "Damn this thing is fast." Report
August 13, 201214 yr comment_61983 Think im getting one for the family this xmass... Only $250 too.. Report
August 14, 201214 yr comment_62052 I got the Asus Transformer shortly after it came out. The tablet itself is pretty good for about $350 but the keyboard you can get that attaches to it makes it the best. It's real slick. Like a netbook with a touchscreen.EDIT: It also has a SD card slot on they keyboard. Now I'd recommend getting the Transformer Prime. Report
August 14, 201214 yr comment_62061 So, that's the tablet to be had in the Android market?In the $200 range? Absolutely. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.