Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Assassin's Creed 3 - Exclusives

Featured Replies

A little bit of a rant here. Apologies in advance.

I was really interested in this game but not really happy about what I have been hearing. First they announced that they will be releasing episodic story DLC. The game is not even out yet and it just feels like they already planning on dragging this out through DLC. If it was just multiplayer maps or something that is one thing but this game relies heavily on story and the feeling that you have to buy extra DLC to possibly finish that story does not sound good to me. I would rather just pay full price for the whole package. $60 for a new game seems like enough but this could be $100 all said and done.

Secondly, they just announced that if you preorder the PS3 version you will get an extra hour of exclusive gameplay. Its not that I don't have a PS3 but what happened to just making an amazing game and letting everyone experience the total package? I understand what they are doing but don't like it.

http://www.gameinfor...of-content.aspx

With all that I think I will hold off on getting this game and wait for some ultimate edition later on or a black friday sale. These exclusives and preplanned DLC are just ruining the experience.

Paid exclusives are the bane of this industry. While competition is always a good thing, I think the console makers forget that they're ultimately punishing the players.

If they want to succeed in the future, they need to wise up. More and more people are switching to PC gaming. Less bullshit like this, better sales, better graphics, many companies embrace modding, and best of all... PC prices have come way down. Almost anyone can afford a gaming rig now. And that begs the question; if we can afford a decent gaming PC, why would be -PAY- to use platforms like the 360?

  • Author

Like Kev said in another thread. Perhaps I should come to the dark side and get a gaming machine going. I use to be into PC gaming heavily years ago. Games like Baulders gate, Neverwinter Nights, Starcraft then WoW came out in 2004 and took over my gaming life for quite awhile. During that period my machine got outdated and slowly was unable to keep up with the current games but could still run WoW just fine.

Seems like trying to stick with consoles is way more expensive. For example, Cold Stream for L4D2 was free on PC but M$ wants Valve to charge for it on Live. I need a computer update fairly soon so perhaps coming back to the dark side is my destiny.

Vec

  • Author

Sweet. I built a PC before but that was like 10 years ago. I might need a refresher but it is kind of fun building your own.

If you've done it once, you can easily do it again. The story DLC is a huge turn off for me as well. I was under the impression they were closing this story line up? So, now they are already saying that's not true. Sucks so bad that this huge companies are milking games dry. Everyone knows it takes massive amounts of overhead for the large companies to run so it's no surprise they squeeze every dime they can. Sad part is we let it get to this. It wasn't that long ago that we paid for complete packages and innovation. Now, their excuse is this is the only way they can turn a profit on these so called AAA titles. Since when did AAA titles become bloated rewrites of the same shit?

  • 1 month later...

Damn, preorder Assassin's Creed 3 from Gamestop and get $10 off this awesome looking thing if you add both to your cart.

http://www.gamestop....xclusive/103036

Tempted to do just that since I usually spring for the Limited Editions of the Assassin's Creed games, looks awesome. Cheaper than the LE by quite a bit actually, and I don't need a flag or belt buckle, and am still happy with my Ezio statue versus that overdone Connor one.

Yeah, that just screams don't buy our game on release to me. Which with all the smaller indie games on steam now, has never been easier for me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.