Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Thinking of changing my default handle/username

Featured Replies

So I'm starting to feel like the username AudaciousKevin is getting a little old (made back in 2007 when I got my Xbox LIVE), and it's the same name I've used everywhere. I was thinking of developing a new handle to start using. I kind of like having my name (or just Kev) in the tag, because it's just simpler to be called Kevin or Kev (though obviously just that is taken most places). Changing it on the forums here and on Steam are easy, but it costs on Xbox/PS3 and I don't play those much so they might stay the same.

Any suggestions? I was thinking along the lines of StrangeKevin, or something combining a word with Kev like PseudoKev. I loathe numbers, 'x's, and symbols in a tag. Maybe something with a single, cool word (those are always taken, maybe I just need a more esoteric word). Putting my name at the end of it isn't essential, it just helps find something that isn't as likely to be taken, and again, easier to just be called by name. The best would be a name that isn't likely to be taken anywhere, like my current one.

Anyone else ever consider a change of handle?

  • Author

Kevintrovert? Simple, has my whole name in it, and describes my personality decently.

Kevinception, Kevintrigue, Kevinverse. Ooh, or maybe even Esrevnivek. Pronounced, Ess rev niv vek. EsrevNiveK, clever, might use. Will wait for other input before I go changing everywhere though.

EDIT: Awesome, and 0 results on Google for esrevnivek, whereas kevinception, kevinverse, and kevintrovert have people using them (though not on Xbox or PS3).

  • Author

Now I'm looking at making things that start with anything between Kev and Kevin and make a word. Looking for words that start with evi, vi, vin, etc.

Kevicarious doesn't have any hits on Google. I kind of like that one. It works on another level because it contains the first three letters of my last name too.

  • Author

I think I might go with Kevicarious. I like that it's not too long. Vicarious means to experience something indirectly or through something else, and it basically defines my gaming habits, or pretty much anything I watch/play/read.

Still kind of messing with it. It's hard to find a good one that isn't taken somewhere I'd change it. Damn all those other Kevins!

  • Author

Kevital is another I'm considering. Not in use on PS3 or Xbox 360, and only about 350 Google search results (versus the 7000 of AudaciousKevin), many of them foreign. I like that it's a short, three syllable name. Kevicarious is cool, but almost too long. Part of the reason I'm trying to change from AudaciousKevin, the full name doesn't flow as well as something shorter.

Also Kevibrant. Only one result and it's some random thing I dunno.

  • Author

Now I'm playing with anagrams. A five letter username would be pretty cool.

So far I'm finding ones that seem to flow well, like Vekni or Eikvn. Basically I judge whether a name is viable by if it has someone using it on Xbox 360 or PS3, and the number of hits on Google.

http://gamertagchecker.com/

http://us.playstatio...m/psn/trophies/

EDIT: Adding in initials and using kevinc or kevinsc seems to produce results less likely to be in use. Veckin?

http://textmechanic.com/Word-Scrambler.html

  • Author

I don't think I ever passed five minutes coming up with a username.

This is almost obsession, Kevin. lol

Well I want a new universal name. It's hard to find something cool sounding but simple that isn't taken somewhere I'll use it. I might use it for a long time so I want a decent one, since I've had AK for 5 years (though I'm starting to get a little tired of it).

  • Author

Maybe Kevnvek. A palindrome. Only 9 Google hits. Yes I am still messing around with it. Looking up lists of words that start with vi, in, v, i, etc. is increasing my vocabulary though lol.

  • Author

Kevnvek it is. Pronounced Kev *n sound* (as in no) veck, basically phonetically. So far I've changed it on Steam, made a JTV/TTV account of it, and changed it here. Honestly those are the only places that matter to me anymore. The name isn't taken on 360 or PS3, but a 360 name change cost $10 and I rarely ever use it anymore, and PS3 apparently doesn't have a name change option (yet).

  • Author

Set up my twitch.tv/justin.tv profile. Made up an awesome logo for the profile, but ended up using it as my Steam avatar too.

kevnveklogo.jpg

There are also now 36 google results for kevnvek versus the 7 before (most of which linked to the same thing, the text of some foreign book). So that's me now. :D

This is mostly thanks to the Steam and Gamercide profiles being the same but renamed. Google is re-adding old content under that search.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.