Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Square Enix Changes Mind On FFVII Remake

Featured Replies

Like a politician, Square Enix has flopped their opinion of a Final Fantasy VII  remake and instead they are now stating that they a Final Fantasy VII remake will happen when another Final Fantasy title can exceed the quality of Final Fantasy VII.  I personally can think of one Final Fantasy that has already done that a long ago, but that’s beside the point.

This announcement comes one month after Square said that a Final Fantasy VII “is not a priority” and that “new titles take precedence” despite the fact that a  Final Fantasy X  HD remake was confirmed back in 2011′s Tokyo Game Show.

I believe someone needs to cast Esuna on Square Enix because they are completely blind to the bigger picture.

via UberGizmo



View the full article

The thing about X is, it's a lot less work. PS2 models and textures were pretty decent, so they mainly just need to do a bit of cleanup then make it work at a higher resolution and possibly with a little antialiasing. VII would require a lot more work, they'd have to remake, not only the low quality models, but pretty much the entire game, since the majority of the backgrounds/areas were 2D with low polygon models added on top.

I just don't think it's worth all the effort, as cool as it could be. I still say a PS3 remake of VI would be beyond amazing, but that would be even more work, being a SNES game. Would definitely be a huge graphical update for VI though, VII doesn't look THAT bad.

Compared to VIII and IX on the same console, the graphics were kind of weak (it was the earier on the PS1), but the story was so good that graphics shouldn't matter.

1016071.jpg

Well, they have already done complete overhauls of older games before, with FF3 and 4 on the DS. I really just think there keeping this one tucked away in case one of there games bombs and there in need of a good financial boost.

I think as far as an "emotional" connection to the characters and overall story, I have to agree that no FF has surpassed the quality of 7.

6 to me is the better game, with better characters, but 7 had the death of a central character as was the first to have an actual cinematic "cutscene" depicting the death and sorrow of losing Aeris. Also the tension and backstory of Cloud/Sephiroth built up a much deeper relationship of the protagonist/antagonist when compared to earlier entries and truly made Sephiroth stand out as a villian with purpose (I loved Kefka in 6, but he was just more of an evil psycho villian without much of a tie to your actual group of characters IMO). I feel this is what resonated most with many FF fans.

That being said, I'd love full blown remakes of 4, 6 and 7. (4 is my favorite FF. Cecil FTW!)

I've already ranted about 6 enough in the past. Aside from that one, I don't think 7 was really any better than 8 and 9 (all the PS1 generation FFs). They were all equally great, but with different themes. 8 and 9 remakes would be amazing. 8 was a love story set in an anime-like universe of military academies, magic, technology, and witches. 9 had surprisingly complex themes about the nature of life and acceptance of it, in a unique, almost cartoon looking art style. 7 was more man vs. nature in a magic and technology vs. the world sort of situation. All of them had great things going for them and 7 definitely wasn't "the best ever", the overhyped game it is. But it's just as good as the others, excusing the fact that it came earlier in the PS1 generation and had some weak looking models.

Just go buy Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for now. They will make an HD remake. If Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly Cooper can get a remake, this will come.

http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en

At the very least, there will be a new PC version now. So I might finally actually get the chance to play it.

That actually looks pretty cool. The character booster is a good idea, because I've always loathed the grind needed for the final areas of FF games. It's like you can play through with minimal grinding until near the end, then the difficulty kicks way up unless you spend hours on end fighting around (boring, especially when you've had to do it in all the other FFs up till then). And if it's on PC it means that it might work in 3D lol. Lol at how all the screenshots are from prerendered cutscenes though.

Although, there was already a PC version. Achievements and Cloud Saves are unnecessary, I wonder if they improved any textures or added more resolution support (like widescreen).

I'd actually play that Theatrhythm game if I had a 3DS too, Spawn lol. FF music is fantastic, my external hard drive is full of it.

I'd actually play that Theatrhythm game if I had a 3DS too, Spawn lol. FF music is fantastic, my external hard drive is full of it.

If you are really in to the music, it really is worth snagging a 3DS for. Great stuff.

Like I said though, just be patient. An HD remake will come.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.