July 1, 201214 yr comment_60008 I am now posting from this beast as my primary "monitor". I love it. All those days of sore feet are now paying off. I only had to wait for my Walmart associate 10% discount card before nabbing the thing (took out the massive tax and then some).I'd post pics if I had a way to take them, but the old camera doesn't work anymore and phone pics are junk (plus I don't know how to upload them. Never bothered spending much time messing with phone stuff.) Report
July 1, 201214 yr comment_60009 lol you could always take the pics with your phone, text them to my phone, and I could upload them to imgur or something. Congrats though Kev! Thats gotta rock for a PC monitor! Report
July 1, 201214 yr comment_60011 Now you don't need your 360 to watch Nutflicks. Just use the Vizio apps. Don't bother with the games in the apps section. Seriously, do not. lol Report
July 1, 201214 yr comment_60014 I may be getting the same thing but in a 42". Been looking for something to replace the 26". Report
July 1, 201214 yr comment_60015 I like that it actually supports a native 120hz refresh rate. Nice for a gaming monitor. Report
July 2, 201214 yr Author comment_60028 I may be getting the same thing but in a 42". Been looking for something to replace the 26".That's exactly what I upgraded from, a 26". It was only 720p and acted as a secondary monitor, with my 22" monitor being closer and in 1080p. A Sony Bravia. Not bad, but it has this insanely annoying feature that can't be turned off where, when the screen has very dark images on it, the dynamic contrast feature will make it even darker, to the point where it's too dark and muddy. And 26" was all that would fit in the TV hole on the shelf. The new one covers the whole length of the shelf, hiding old TV and all lol. It's a temporary setup in the old room, before I get some furniture and can move out and set up in the new outside room. Report
July 4, 201214 yr Author comment_60094 So I've been having input lag issues as described in this thread that I hijacked >) : http://www.gamercide...77-skys-new-tv/Unless a ninja mod wants to merge my posts over there into this thread.BUT, I actually found a really weird fix for it! Right now I have a bizarre setup where I have my GPU outputting on all of the three outputs it has. One goes DVI to the DVI input of my monitor (so I can set it up to do dual screen for chat while streaming and such). One mini HDMI output goes to the back of the TV into an HDMI port. And the second DVI output has a DVI to HDMI converter plugged into it, which then plugs into another HDMI slot on the back of the TV.So I have one DVI output to my monitor and two signals going into the HDMI slots of my TV.Here's where it gets weird. When I set my multi-monitor mode to "Duplicate" and output to both slots of the TV (so two of the same image are going to the TV in different HDMI slots), one of them is lag free! No Game Mode or anything!So I can't play a lag free 3D and stream it because I won't have Chat on the other screen (unless I used a separate computer, since it can't also output to the monitor), but I don't really intend to stream when playing in 3D anyways, because of the performance hit. The best part is that I don't need to change any cables around to switch between lag free 3D and non-3D extended between TV and monitor, I just have to use the NVidia control panel since the monitor is still plugged into another slot.Sorry for the long post, I'm just SO GLAD that I could fix this. Would have sucked to have to choose between enjoying 3D mode or playing without input lag. The TV has 6 damn HDMI slots anyways so this setup is fine. I might just need to get longer cables when I move to the outside room to keep this weird setup working.tl;drI set my PC to output to two different HDMI slots on the TV and set it to "Duplicate" mode and one of the outputs doesn't have the input lag I've been having.EDIT: I messed around with it a little more with a theory that switching back and forth between the TV's inputs may be what fixes it. In Extend mode with one input to TV in 720p 3D mode and one to the monitor in 1080, it didn't seem to eliminate the lag entirely when switching back and forth between the TV's hdmi inputs. I found moving the mouse in a figure eight to be a very easy way to test the lag. Duplicate mode only works in the 3D resolution when both devices support it, so both outputs still have to go to the TV, unless the monitor was 3D. At first there might still be lag until you switch between the two TV hdmis a couple times. At any rate the fix is repeatable and reliable, so science concluded. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.