June 25, 201214 yr comment_59775 So I've had an idea I've been kicking around for a little while. I still like to write and I think occasionally, maybe once a week, I think I'm going to write up a short and humorous response article just here on the forums to something that irks me that I've read recently on the other major gaming sites or a counterpoint to something I disagree with.I was going to just call it "Chris's Counterpoint", but lately I like the idea of "The Pejorative Panda", because I'm a sarcastic *** and probably will be writing an article that may be a little belittling.That being said I'm looking for some sort of graphic I can pin to the top of my article. I'd save the base image but would alter it weekly with text. I like the idea of the "Y You No!?!?" meme and love that picture, but I want something panda related!Any help? Comments? Couldn't care less about what pisses me off? Sound off below. Thanks again. Report
June 25, 201214 yr comment_59776 I think it sounds like a great idea, you're always really good at finding bizarre things on the internet. I don't think I really have a say in it but would you consider posting them on the main site like old times (it's sent to the forums too anyways) if the articles turn out well? We've been really short on content lately, we all seem to have stuff going on. I've been busy working and not reviewed anything in a long time. Report
June 25, 201214 yr comment_59778 Great idea! I'm more of a writer myself, so cant help with graphic stuff too much, but I love where you're going with this. Report
June 25, 201214 yr Author comment_59779 Honestly my first article is about Steel Batallion. I have it, and i don't think it deserved to be **** on as much as it did. Pretty much these Pejorative Panda articles are going to be little mini rants about stuff I find ridiculous in recent gaming news and previews. Report
June 25, 201214 yr Author comment_59780 but would you consider posting them on the main site like old times (it's sent to the forums too anyways) if the articles turn out well? We've been really short on content lately, we all seem to have stuff going on. I've been busy working and not reviewed anything in a long time.We'll see. I think I'll start out just posting them in General or Posts that don't belong anywhere else, like the good old days of my reviews from the ATC. Report
June 26, 201214 yr comment_59825 Go for it. Sounds like a great idea. I'm sure someone here can help you with a picture. I'm not very good at that sort of thing. Report
June 26, 201214 yr comment_59829 What kind of picture are you looking for? More photo related or graphic thing? Report
June 26, 201214 yr Author comment_59831 Probably more graphic related I would think. The Pejorative Panda is going to be a snarky and sometimes belittling article about stupid stuff I disagree with. I'm an old angry man now I guess with all this crap in my life. lol Report
June 26, 201214 yr comment_59834 I googled angry panda and a couple of good ones popped up to get ideas off of. http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=731&q=pissed+off+panda&gbv=2&oq=pissed+off+panda&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0.1099.4196.0.4340.20.14.2.4.4.0.92.791.14.14.0...0.0.CX-NFPQpNFs#hl=en&gbv=2&tbm=isch&q=angry+panda&revid=685484236&sa=X&ei=ecrpT_DLDcf06AG8j43-DA&ved=0CEcQgxY&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=6e058743ef2ceb0&biw=1600&bih=731(Link button not working?) Report
June 26, 201214 yr comment_59838 Only thing to watch for if you use one of those, is to make sure it's not copyrighted or someone else's logo/mascot/etc.It'd be really cool if we had someone here to make an original graphic/logo, and put the Pejorative Panda name on it. All I really do with Photoshop is editing and putting some graphics together, not really drawing original things like a panda (drawing tools on a computer are too hard to use without a touch screen and stylus).It would be cool to get a motif going though. More funny images when something flabbergasting gets written about. Like editing the gif of the panda startled by the sneezing baby to being startled by whatever the topic is about (I used to be able to do stuff like that with Flash, but don't remember how to use it). Report
June 26, 201214 yr Author comment_59840 Someone draw me a Panda doing the Neil Degrasse Tyson pose. hahahaha Report
June 26, 201214 yr Author comment_59847 Kevin drew this and took a picture with his phone, but then couldn't figure out how to upload it so he texted it to me. lol Here we go. Report
June 26, 201214 yr comment_59853 lolol. My camera wasn't working and I couldn't figure out how to get it off my crappy old phone, but yeah there it is. Enjoy your nightmares. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.