April 4, 201016 yr comment_720 Steam is running their 50% off Borderlands deal right now, and I am debating if I should pick it up or not. I know pretty much none of you play this on PC, but do you think it's worth the purchase anyhow? Is it a game I can jump online with random players and enjoy or no?Well, NM. I got my brother to go in with me on the 4 pack so I'm getting it for super cheap. Downloading it now! Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1100 Well, I've got about 5 hours in and I'm loving the game. Anyone else play the PC version and want to join me sometime? If you don't own it head over to the contest page and enter my contest for a chance to win it! The game is probably very similar to the XBOX version with the exception that you could cheat extremely easy on the PC version. Pretty much 0 protection against it as far as I can tell, but that's not a problem for a coop game with friends.Let me know if anyone wants to set a time and play.and it doesn't look like it takes much of a computer to play it: OS: Windows XP/VistaProcessor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor with SSE2 supportMemory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 7 series or higher/Radeon HD3000 series or higher)Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free spaceSound: Windows compatible sound card Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1136 Are those the minimum or the recommended requirements? Because that my be doable on my desktop. Report
April 5, 201016 yr Author comment_1314 Are those the minimum or the recommended requirements? Because that my be doable on my desktop.I'm pretty sure those are minimums. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1321 I would get it if it would run on my laptop too, but I am quite positive that won't happen. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1333 OS: Windows XP/VistaProcessor: 2.4 Ghz or equivalent processor with SSE2 supportMemory: 1GB System RAM (2GB recommended with Vista)Graphics: 256mb video ram or better (GeForce 7 series or higher/Radeon HD3000 series or higher)Hard Drive: 8 GB or more free spaceSound: Windows compatible sound cardWin7 - Unsure if compatible Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Quad Core Processor 1.6GHz (2.8GHz Turbo Mode, 6MB Cache) - Unsure, but I think it's suitable4GB - CheckATI Mobility RADEON® HD 4670 – 1GB - Check500GB - CheckSoundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - CheckI have a Dell XPS16. Are my specs good enough, Dat? I'm not 100% sure. Mostly concerned about the OS. Thanks. Report
April 5, 201016 yr comment_1334 Hey pk, go here and pick borderlands... the app on that site will tell you for sure.<br><br><a href="http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/">http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/</a><br><br>[edit] after reading your system specs I am sure you will be fine.<br> Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1337 edit screwed up the link...http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/ Report
April 6, 201016 yr comment_1339 Thanks, Sky. Forgot all about that site. Passed with flying colors. =] Report
April 6, 201016 yr Author comment_1405 yep... that site is always the easiest way to tell Yep. Good site to use. Borderlands should run fine for ya Report
April 16, 201016 yr Author comment_3591 borderlands streamingjtv Cast over.chats not wanting to work for me. I'll be playing soon though, and I'll be on steam. Report
April 16, 201016 yr comment_3596 JTV's broke right now, man. Like seriously bad. Chat's won't load, games page and profiles won't load, either.I'm still trying to get into your stream, but it's taking forever. Report
April 16, 201016 yr comment_3610 Pro tip: Do NOT click the full window option on any embedded video on Gamercide. I had to restart my laptop. It locked up like mad. lol Report
April 16, 201016 yr Author comment_3678 Thanks for watching everyone! I'll get my streaming channel setup in the right forum now that we have one the next time I play! Report
June 29, 201016 yr Author comment_12469 Steam is running deals on Borderlands and the DLC. Which DLC should I get first? Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12470 Steam is running deals on Borderlands and the DLC. Which DLC should I get first?Secret Armory of General Knoxx for sure. I haven't played any of the other ones, but SAoGK expands the level cap and adds a lot of new weapons, and even some new vehicles. Report
June 29, 201016 yr comment_12479 I'd pass on Moxxi altogether, unless you want the storage. Otherwise, the only other perk, is two extra skill points.Ned was funny and pretty fun, but sort of short. Knoxx is the crown jewel, though. Definitely pick that one up. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.