Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Little League Sucks!

Featured Replies

Granite had a game lastnight and Jason and I were suppose to work concession stand which we already told them we weren't because it was during Granite's game. Jason's the assistant coach okay.....so he's out there on the field with the kids practicing before the game and one of the ladies come over from the stand and tries to tell him that we need to work over there. It escalated into a nice argument...nothing with yelling, just "I pay for my kid to play and I'm going to watch him play" stuff. So she walked away. Ten minutes later the game started and Granite's out on the field playing first. Another lady, this time the secretary for the youth baseball league comes out in the middle of the field (it's t ball so the coaches stay on the field) during the game while kids are playing and tells the coach that Granite can't play because we won't do concession stand. Jason pretty much told her where to go, but again kept his composure. In the meantime I flipped because I had to deal with Granite crying because he wasn't allowed to play. I walked my *** over to the concession slammed my fist down the counter and asked what the problem was. I took notice that they had 6 freaking people working back there and our concession stand area can barley fit 4 people. I'm there screaming my *** at this ***** in front of everyone because at this point the only thing that matters is that my 5 year old is crying. Out of nowhere the president of the youth program is beside me telling me to calm down. I told him it didn't concern him, because his secretary is the one that entered the field during a game and decided to take my kid out. So of course no matter what I said I was wrong. I told them all that I pay $55 for one kid to play and over $100 in his equipment and I'll be damned if I'm going to be bullied into working the concession stand during his game especially when the t ball kids play on the back field where you can see from there. Do you know what their glorious response to all my points....it's the rules and since I eat at the ball field I can work there. I told them to go f themselves because nowhere did I sign a freaking bonafide contract stating that when I pay for my child to play little league t ball of all things that it was mandatory that I work the concession during his game. I also told them, that I didn't care if other parents did it. When my kid is playing, I want him to see both of his parents out there cheering for him. I stormed off and back over to the field. The parents on Granite's team were angry with the league and some of them were just about to walk off the field. Jason could see that I was upset so he hauled *** over to speak to the president of the league. I don't know if it's the size of Jason or not that got them to back down, but all of sudden "oh everything's fine....blah blah.". The tone completely changed when he went over there. It was just absolutely ridiculous how this was handled. I'm not proud of myself for yelling like I did in front of everyone, but damn it....I don't know how other little league t ball orgs work but you don't walk out onto the field during a game and tell my kid he can't play especially when you are just the secretary. Another reason that I was so peeved about this was because he had a fundraiser and this is what we were told. Each kid needs to sell 10 Sheetz coupon books that cost $10 each or else we can write a check out to the baseball program for $40. So right there you can see what this organization is worried about.

What pompous a-holes. Good on Jason for getting things sorted out.

I don't think you acted poorly. I would have been super angry also if I had a child and some morons were telling me that I had to do something that particular day that would cause me to miss seeing my child play.

In the end I'm glad it worked out for you though Ms. Siren.

Not sure how they are set up there but here we just pay the sign up fee, and that covers all the costs for their uniform and to play. We dont have to volunteer to do anything they have their own officals and concession workers, they do ask if you will volunteer to help coach if they dont have somone who has said they will, I am going to be coaching my 6 yr old in coach pitch with my wife. I have coached some Flag football as well. Sounds like they have funding issues, but really that should be covered by the sign up fee.

Wanting you to volunteer is one thing. Pulling your kid mid game is entirely different. It's a big bunch of crap and they know it.

In the situation I'd say you didn't overreact. Natural instinct to go after the person who is upsetting your child.

Just an example of a bad person. Shame when its often the people in charge making things bad for the kids.

Precisely the reason I avoid groups made up of retirees, house wives/husbands, etc. Not only do they gossip and form cliques, but they're catty and self important. Those kinds of people drive me freaking insane.

I'm glad you read them the riot act. They're probably used to bullying people and getting their way.

  • Author

@DD Our $55 fee just covers registration. If you have other children, each child after that costs $45. We have to pay for uniforms and equipment. Which I don't mind, because Logan can reuse the stuff if he wants to play in a couple years after Granite needs new equipment like a bat and glove. Jason also volunteered to be assitant coach when asked by the head coach.

I just can't wait until he moves up to the school aged sports. Last year it was issues with the old coach and him always being late or sending another guy to coach in his spot and this year it's this. UGH!

Is this a competitive league or just city/town league? Whats the 55$ going toward? For my sons coach pitch there are 9 kids(on my team), all got a t-shirt and hat(Not a full uniform) and I got gear for practices I think it was 35 or 40 to sign him up.

  • Author

@DD Just a small town league. All the $55 paid for was one shirt and one hat. It's $45 for each additional child and you get the same thing, one shirt and one hat. It was awful this year compared to last year. This year new people also took over the league and just from this season you can tell that all they care about is the money, not the kids doing what they love to do. It's a shame.

That is bullcrap and you did nothing wrong. The best part is their "well it's the rules" response. First sign of a mindless drone who can't think for themself. They probably are just in it for the money, not the kids.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.