May 30, 201214 yr comment_59037 Reports of Battlefield 3's "Premium" service just got a lot more official looking, with a fact sheet leaking out of Germany containing lots of details. The service apparently costs $50 one time and includes a variety of content, including access to the five released and upcoming Battlefield 3 expansion packs, two weeks of early access to said packs, and "a host of unique in-game items not available anywhere else."That, however, is where the "interesting" part of this ends, and the "pretty gross" part begins. Beyond the DLC access, Premium members are said to get "access to powerful new features." What features might those be? "The ability to reset stats" is listed, but so is "queue priority into servers," which means exactly what it sounds like. As in, "pay for this service and get into servers faster than the rabble."Update: EA tells Joystiq, "Looks like the excitement for Battlefield Premium cannot be contained. For details, please visit Battlefield.com on June 4." We'd suggest you check out Joystiq.com on June 4 as well. Just a guess.http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/30/report-battlefield-3-premium-service-costs-50-one-time-incl/ Report
May 30, 201214 yr comment_59039 Now, i'm already kind of cold on BF3 since all the defualt maps seem to be pretty bad except for 2, and wasn't happy that the good classic ones were pre-order DLC(I didn't pre order because I didn't build my PC until after it was out, and I rarely pre-order games these days) that ended up being 15 bucks afterwards(haven't bought, and the base game was on sale for about 30 on amazon when I got it anyway). But this, just, **** you EA. Giving priotity to player who pay for your service would be fine for a free to play game, but I already bought your game. Can't see myself ever bother trying to get back into BF3 again. Report
May 30, 201214 yr comment_59041 I didn't like Battlefield 3 at all and I loathe EA. So, no thanks. Report
May 31, 201214 yr comment_59059 Sounds good to me. I just care about the double xp and the DLC. Don't care about the faster server join time...could give a rat's ***, in fact. Resetting stats is quite retarded as well..don't like using that word very much but this is an exception. Report
May 31, 201214 yr comment_59088 $50 seems really steep. Talk about trying to milk all the money you can out of your fanbase. Report
May 31, 201214 yr comment_59093 Can't you already buy the equipment packs? So the double xp isn't all that appealing to me. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.