May 7, 201214 yr comment_57217 Who bought this? I know DC said he was going to, but did anyone else here grab it? The first one got boring to me so I didn't decide to pick this one up. Not unless I hear awesome things. Report
May 7, 201214 yr comment_57367 I got it but haven't had much time playing it yet. I decided that I won't be casting it when I play since the casting methods (all of them) hit the framerate in bad ways, where the camera movement looks choppy. So, because we're trying to raise our views to keep the 360p transcoding I'm playing other things that I can cast for now. It seems like it should be pretty awesome though.I think you need to get back into the first game and finish it. It was slow at first, but as my character kept getting stronger and farther into the game, it kept getting better. Being able to blast everything with magic was so great after getting beat up by everything early on. Not sure how high levels in fighting or ranged skills would be though. Although, I'm not even sure what kind of character to make in the sequel since magic is gone (it was bound to the island in the first game or something, maybe to the fire Titan, I don't remember) Report
May 7, 201214 yr comment_57371 I'm not sure I even have my saves. Not to mention starting in mid game with the difficulty of the fighting curve might prove frustrating. I just got so damn bored in that town. Report
May 7, 201214 yr comment_57378 I'm not sure I even have my saves. Not to mention starting in mid game with the difficulty of the fighting curve might prove frustrating. I just got so damn bored in that town.Sticking to the main quests (heck, and even doing all the sidequests I found), it only took a couple long play sessions to get through the town, at least to the point where you can leave. There's actually a spot I found where you can jump out and survive if you really wanted out of the city. You'd just have to pay to get back in.After leaving the town with a recommendation that allowed me to become a mage, then getting to the monastery, it was like a whole new game at that point. It really picks up when you've joined a faction and start developing your character, as the main plot starts to finally come out. Report
May 7, 201214 yr comment_57404 I swear it felt like I put hours in the town already. My luck is that I quit minutes before I could have left. Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58114 The patch really increases the playability with the addition of both block and dodge. The performance is decent now also. I've noticed better overall performance if I limit the frames to 45. Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58116 The patch really increases the playability with the addition of both block and dodge. The performance is decent now also. I've noticed better overall performance if I limit the frames to 45.Wait, they didn't have the traditional block and dodge moves in the game? How did combat even work? You can't have a Pirahna Bytes game without block or dodge lol. Report
May 11, 201214 yr comment_58117 Wait, they didn't have the traditional block and dodge moves in the game? How did combat even work? You can't have a Pirahna Bytes game without block or dodge lol.Well you could technically block, but all creatures basically would hit you regardless. It was effective against humans, but not creatures. There was no dodge at all pre-patch. Patch notes below.Features- Players can now block most attacks by monsters- Player has a "dodge" move in the fight - double press the arrow keys while holding the right mouse button / goose-mode Y + stick right / left / back to controllerBalance / Tweaks- There will now only be a maximum of ten autosave slots used- Improvement in the attack behavior of the monster AI- Improvement in attack behavior when characters were attacked from behind- Improvement in the representation of vegetation- Improving the visibility of objects- Improving the representation of the terrain- Guns sabotage in Puerto Isabella is now much simpler- Dealer of the Sword Coast now sells rum- Exploit removed while shooting mini-game- Increases hit points of Mara- Steelbeard's Hat can no longer be soldBugfixes- Tree flickering in the distance is no longer on NVidia cards- Solve problems with video cards in SLI- Fixed crash when using a 7.1 sound system- Fixed rare crashes occurring when climbing- Fixed bug with "return to the ship" option- Fixed an error when it rains indoors- Crew members can no longer be killed by monsters- Players will now receive the item-Fools juice after brewing- Fixed an error in the learning of specific skills- Various exploits removed Report
May 12, 201214 yr comment_58162 haha. Bet that was frustrating as hell. Thinking you're blocking but being hit anyway. Report
May 16, 201214 yr comment_58455 haha. Bet that was frustrating as hell. Thinking you're blocking but being hit anyway.Not so much a bug, but a design decision. Blocking was only effective against human opponents. But, so many people complained about it the obviously decided to change it. Report
May 17, 201214 yr comment_58461 In that case not so bad. Certainly not as bad as the early Gothic 3 knockdown spam bug. Report
May 17, 201214 yr comment_58466 I've just noticed I have a re-occurring problem with typing 'the' when I mean 'they' . Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.