Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Victory at last - 680GTX Water Cooled

Featured Replies

So, I FINALLY won the battle with my new 680GTX and made my water block fit today. It didn't go as easy as I could have hoped. Had to do some modifications of the card to get the water block to fit.

Pulled the 480GTX:

IMG_0183.JPG

Had to pull out all my bags of tricks:

IMG_0184.JPG

I thought these tabs were the only thing in the way. Ground them down:

IMG_0181.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

Installed everything. Looked and felt like everything was making contact:

IMG_0185.JPG

This wasn't the case. It must have had just a tiny gap. My temps were just about the same as on air. In other words. Complete failure.

Back to the Dremel board:

IMG_0212.JPG

With a little, lot? more modification I made some clearance:

IMG_0211.JPG

This time I was confident that it was making full contact. Here she is installed and looking pretty:

IMG_0213.JPG

33 Degree Celsius Idle and 53 Degree Celsius Load with a 200Mhz over clock confirmed everything was finally seated properly. Woohoo!

Nice. Water cooling huh?

I don't have a need for the Graphics card, but if I run across anyone who is looking to upgrade in the next few days I can let you know.

I've been chatting with Dat and may be buying the old card off of him. Starting my new job, it's a matter of get that now to replace/upgrade my current one (and it would be a noticeable upgrade), or wait and just get a new 680 like Dat. Either way I can always get a more powerful card later on. Not really enough room for dual GPU in my system, unless I got a new mobo and possibly tower.

  • Author

Of course I would side with slightly less performance for less than half price. lol.

Sadly, this new gpu has me testing things again and for some reason my CPU over clock is unstable. So I'm currently re running all the tests and tweaking voltages.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.