Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

12GB Memory + 2x GTX460 = Overkill?

Featured Replies

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/nT2T9/embed"></iframe><br><br>MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1<br>Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz Bloomfield<br>12.0 GB G.SKILL Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 534MHz (8-8-8-20)<br>ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 (LGA1366)<br>2x GTX 460 1024MB (SLI) (PNY & EVGA)<br>60GB OCZ-VERTEX2 SSD<br>

<br><br>

Safe to say I can run just about anything on max. :)<br><br>And thanks to Newegg additional memory and a second graphics card came cheap. :)

Very awesome. That beast could certainly run anything, and slap a respectable amount of AA on top of it.

And yeah, you only ever need maybe 4GB RAM or less for really anything you might normally do with heavy gaming, even my 8 is overkill. I'm thinking of getting a new GPU down the line, my current AMD 6870 has an occasional rattle (usually fixed for a good while by pulling the fan down a little), and I'm always annoyed at the exclusivity BS of games having all these fancy features only on NVidia cards. I'll be working, so I might save up and get just one really good card like a 5 or 680. More than 1GB of VRAM would be nice too. One awesome card may be better than two good ones, simply because not every game works that great in SLI/Crossfire, and to make things easy. The majority of the fixes I see in my driver updates are Crossfire performance fixes for games.

Possibly the processor down the line too if it improves stream quality and maybe fixes the weird physics jitter when character models go up and down stairs/inclines. Still don't think I'd get a Black Magic capture card, I just don't play enough console games for that to be worth it, even if I play a really cool one once in a while.

Done any benchmarks on them yet? If you have batman AC run the in game benchmark and I can show you results from my 480gtx. Should blow it away with two 460s. .

I ran it at 1680x1050 (so you'll have to knock your resolution down a bit) max settings. Physx normal and AA 8x MSAA. I actually ran a bunch of different AA settings, but that's a good baseline. Vsync off of course.

  • Author

Done any benchmarks on them yet? If you have batman AC run the in game benchmark and I can show you results from my 480gtx. Should blow it away with two 460s. .

I ran it at 1680x1050 (so you'll have to knock your resolution down a bit) max settings. Physx normal and AA 8x MSAA. I actually ran a bunch of different AA settings, but that's a good baseline. Vsync off of course.

I used that game to test temps... lol

I'll have to do some benchmarks with it.

  • 2 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.