Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Cancelling a Service

Featured Replies

So, I just wanted to rant for a quick moment. I'm sure everyone has come across this at some point. I finally had a new trash service come up in my area and bought a years worth of service because it was half the cost I was paying my current company. Called my current company up today to cancel my service and of course I got the " what can we do to keep you" line.

I mentioned that the price was twice as much as the new company for the same service. The guy replied, "well let me see what I can do for you" and offered to match the price. At this point I got kind of mad and told him that it's the freaking principal. If you're offering to match it now then I feel like you've overcharged me for the past three years. He didn't have much to say and just agreed to cancel it.

My point is companies do this shit all the time! You have to stay on your toes. I now need to call my cable company because I'm being charged more for my internet then they are charging new customers ( and not an introductory price ) . Screw the loyal customers that have been with you for years. At least until they threaten to leave.

Sorry to hear that. My cable company charges a lot of money for service but it's the best around, they get a lot of hate but when you're the only ISP around you can pretty much charge whatever you want, it's really stupid.

Are you talking about trash collection, like those trucks that pick up garbage? You actually have to pay for that in the States? Goodness. Where do your tax dollars go?

  • Author

Yeah, I live in a small section of the city that isn't included in city trash service. I don't get it taken out of my property taxes at least. However, until recently my only option was effectively 2.5x more expensive then if I was paying taxes and getting city service.

My father was in a similar problem when he found out satellite would cost about half the price of cable. Called the cable company and they offered him a lower price. Still uses cable to this day.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.