Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Back from San Diego.

Featured Replies

Well, went to San Diego and met up with my mother. TC is right...it's a really beautiful city. We ended up getting the Presidential Suite in the hotel we stayed at. Neither my mother or I were expecting that.

Unbelievably, I ended up tripping my first day and landed weird and tore my right bicep tendon though. Can you effing believe it? Some of you may recall that I tore my left tendon around September of last year. I'm beginning to worry that I have some kind of degenerative disease affecting my tendons or something. The tear hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow, but it sure looks and feels like the tear in my left bicep did. Anyway, enough of that.

We stopped by the drug store, picked up some Aleve and a sling and went on with our weekend. My mom kept asking about taking me to the emergency room, but I know that it's not an emergency surgery situation. They'd just give me some stronger meds and send me on my way. I didn't want to waste my time with my mom on that, so I just took some Aleve and we went to Old Town. Sorry TC, but I can't remember the name of where we ate. It was totally delish though. Mexican food of course and a huge Watermelon Margarita helped ease the pain completely for the rest of the night. We walked around Old Town a bit and looked at the Mission and stuff. It was nice.

The next day, we went to the zoo. I'd been there before a few years ago, but I forgot how massive that place is. I said hi to the tigers for you TC. My mother looked at me like I was insane (it was crowded so some other people probably did too), but she laughed when I told her it was for a forum friend. We went back the hotel with a plan to rent a movie, but were so tired after walking all over the zoo that I passed out before 10.

I was supposed to head home the night before, but what with my torn bicep and all, it wasn't like I was going to be able to go to work, so I called in sick and stayed and spent Mother's Day with my mom. We went to the Hotel Del Coronado. Very lovely. We got iced mochas and walked along the beach. I dropped her off at the airport and drove back home.

Besides the injury, it was a really nice weekend and even the injury led to a really good cry and deep talk with my mom, so even that wasn't horrible. I'm worried about needing surgery again and more time off work, so that sucks, but...whatev. Que sera, sera (or is it serra?).

I took some pics on my phone. Nothing too exciting, mainly just the view from the window and stuff, but I might post them tomorrow if I get around to it. Hope you guys all had a good Mother's Day.

The tigers have a beautiful enclosure don't they? Hope your injury isn't too serious...Sounds awful tho'...sad.gif The Hotel Del is awesome. I love the brunch there! The Zoo here is huge! It takes more than a day to really see it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our fair city...Minus the injury of course.smile.gif

  • Author

The tigers have a beautiful enclosure don't they? Hope your injury isn't too serious...Sounds awful tho'...sad.gif The Hotel Del is awesome. I love the brunch there! The Zoo here is huge! It takes more than a day to really see it. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our fair city...Minus the injury of course.smile.gif

OMG, it was Mother's Day. Brunch at the Del would've been awesome, but it was so crowded and busy. Luckily we'd had brunch elsewhere before we went. The room for the brunch was really beautiful though. They even had a harpist.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.