Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

SSX: Deadly Descents

Featured Replies

What do you mean stomach G4? Aside from them having Cops on all day, the actual shows are not bad, at least what's left lol.

That third video is ridiculous. Is that snowboarding or hyperspastic figure skating? Damn good player lol.

  • Author

G4 is pretty much all things not video game these days and of the few game and tech related programs they do have, none of them are particularly insightful. As illustrated by their lack of confidence in their interviewing technique, were every question has to be followed by an awful joke.

Back in the Tech TV days, I was a huge fan. But, like the gaming industry itself, they've changed their format to something more casual. Yeah, and like you said the 24 hour Cops and Ninja Warrior block don't help either.

  • Author

Boy, do I regret playing the demo... Fell well short of the expectation I had, awful dubstep soundtrack, a rewind button that for whatever reason has replaced a trick button, even on classic controls setup and the worst special trick meter in the franchise history. Even the level design (at least the portion I'd played) is inferior to the games that proceeded it, not sure if I'll be picking it up now. Seriously hope some of these issues are addressed before lunch or at least through a patch, cause this isn't the game I fell in love with...

  • Author

Played the demo for a few more hours today and came to the realization, that the SSX series hit its zenith in the 3rd installment. This game while good, is in alot of ways inferior to the games that proceeded it. But, that doesn't mean I can't judge it on its own merit. So, I may still give this a chance, though I'm on the edge about it.

Still loathe dubstep though...

Tricky was my fav SSX game back in the day. Demo was fun but I didn't feel the personalities of the characters like in the old games. Perhaps full game will be different. Gameplay was fun.

I may get this but pissed about no split screen. Can't race my kid on one xbox. So what is it, from now on I have to have two xbox consoles and two copies of a game that should clearly have splitscreen?!!

Alright so I bought the full game of SSX tonight and I gotta say I am having a blast. The demo did not touch on all the little features that well. Also the tracks they give you on the demo don't do the others tracks I have now played justice.

The equipment buying section is way better than I thought. When you go to it, it is random and some equipement even has a time limit to buy. Not all the equipment that appears is an upgrade either. There might be an hour on it or 10 minutes. The equipment has ratings like rare or epic, etc. There are suits that glow, armor to take more collisions, wingsuits to fly over gorges! Only thing I don't like is having to enter in the online pass that comes with the game and linking to EA/Origin servers but I guess that is how it works.

Also EA has set it up where you can spend MS points to buy more credits for your character so you can buy more equipment faster but you do earn money by just racing. I found it a good way to clear out the 80 MS points I can't ever get rid of lol but they are going for the cash grab on this.

The world tour is well done so far. The personalities of the characters are present. Basically, you are forming a team of the best and on each region you get a new character to play. The online features are pretty cool too. Already forming a rivalry with some friends.

So far my first impression of the full game are it is well done. Will update if anything changes.

I was underwhelmed with the demo... but it sounds like there is a lot more to it then what was in the demo. It is getting decent reviews, that sounds kinda like gotham city impostors with the "you can buy all this stuff in game or use your M$ points to access it early" business..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.