February 17, 201214 yr comment_53834 Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros. Does anyone watch this show? I never heard of it until last week and watched all of the first season. This has to be the best show out there. This actually knocks Lost and BSG down some spots on my list. I'm almost mad at myself for watching this and only one season is out because I want to see more. It's actually sort of different in the fact that I wasn't able to guess how the story was going to progress. You will think a certain character will go in one direction and actually either be killed or fade out. The story actually suprises me, and it sort of pisses me off as well. I figured it would progress like most tv shows, a problem would arise and it would be resolved but it will go in a totally different direction than you think and you'll just say what just happened? I wish I could give examples but it would give away spoilers. Check it out if you want a new show to watch. Don't expect a lot of action though, there is quite a bit of sword play but usually it builds up to that point which makes it even better. Report
February 17, 201214 yr comment_53851 http://gamercide.org/forum/topic/5593-is-game-of-thrones-any-good/I also just recently finished the whole first season last week. Definitely a cool show and I was a bit surprised at some of the stuff that happened later in the season. Overall a really interesting show that Coy and I both liked a lot and I can't want to see more of it. Report
February 17, 201214 yr comment_53881 I said it in Chris's thread, but I'll say it here too for the hell of it. Game of Thrones is ******* awesome. Report
February 18, 201214 yr Author comment_53894 Ah, so that's where GG's been.Yea mostly watching movies and tv shows. Shits been going on so I'll be around more sooner or later. Report
February 18, 201214 yr Author comment_53895 Ill say this I thought the second to last episode would have been a better cliff hanger to leave it on, the last episode seemed like a normal episode with no conclussion to anything at all and i thought the last part where the white haired chick comes out of the fire was kind of anti climatic. All i know is house stark is awesome. rob and snow are the two coolest ones, i just want them to kill every bad guy lol. also i like how they don't make characters immortal.spoiler ahead. for instance like the big horse guy forgot his name, i was expecting him to slay millions of people but he died so easily, i was really upset about ed stark dieing. sean beans character was probably the best one, i'm sure it was written that way and he was the best choice but it just makes me mad i won't get to see him anymore. Report
February 18, 201214 yr comment_53897 Ill say this I thought the second to last episode would have been a better cliff hanger to leave it on, the last episode seemed like a normal episode with no conclussion to anything at all and i thought the last part where the white haired chick comes out of the fire was kind of anti climatic. All i know is house stark is awesome. rob and snow are the two coolest ones, i just want them to kill every bad guy lol. also i like how they don't make characters immortal.spoiler ahead. for instance like the big horse guy forgot his name, i was expecting him to slay millions of people but he died so easily, i was really upset about ed stark dieing. sean beans character was probably the best one, i'm sure it was written that way and he was the best choice but it just makes me mad i won't get to see him anymore.Yeah I was super pissed about Stark senior dying. I was half expecting it, but I just didn't see it coming. Coy and I really thought he was going to live.I want to see that little Stark kid who got paralyzed ******* kick the **** out of some people. He seems like the type that is going to go off the deep end about stuff. Report
February 18, 201214 yr Author comment_53906 Yeah I was super pissed about Stark senior dying. I was half expecting it, but I just didn't see it coming. Coy and I really thought he was going to live.I want to see that little Stark kid who got paralyzed ******* kick the **** out of some people. He seems like the type that is going to go off the deep end about stuff.I sort of thought maybe the next season would start a few years after and all the children are older but I suppose not. The episodes do seem to go by a few weeks or months at a time. Which I like how they don't waste time on trivial matters. Yea I figured Stark would live too, i figured if he did die the armies would have made it to the capital just at the time he is fixing to be killed. That is what I like about the show that is what most people would figure. I am sorta mad Drogo died too I ended up liking him. Report
February 21, 201214 yr comment_54005 http://theoatmeal.co...game_of_thronesYeah, that shiz is hilarious. I just saw that today. Report
February 21, 201214 yr comment_54012 I just finished season 1 not too long ago. Great story, acting, visuals, etc. Really pumped for the season 2 premier! Report
February 29, 201214 yr comment_54312 Why haven't I watched or read these, and which should I do first? Report
February 29, 201214 yr comment_54325 Wow Dat, you haven't seen this yet?Hmmmm, well I haven't read the books but the series itself (and I've only seen the first season with my wife) is absolutely excellent. The Bluray is on sale over at Amazon for about $35 right now.http://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B003Y5HWMW Report
February 29, 201214 yr comment_54343 Going to be queuing this up then. Though I do really like the author of the books. Might have to do both. Report
March 5, 201214 yr comment_54482 http://io9.com/5890410/watch-the-simpsons-game-of-thrones-intro Report
April 10, 201214 yr comment_55998 Finished the 5 books so far will have to start watching the series. Report
April 27, 201214 yr comment_56804 Always going on about climate change made me laugh pretty hard. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.