Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

Countdown to UFC 143

Featured Replies

I may just be ordering the PPV for this fight.... Should be a really good main event Diaz is always entertaining. I haven't seen much of Condit but he seems like a really good fighter so hopefully it turns into a freaking war.

  • Author

There's really no honor in taken a beating, Condit fought a damn smart and technically superior fight to Diaz. Look at what happened to BJ Penn when he engaged Diaz that way, he got f***ing annihilated. Yes, I do agree that it was a boring fight, but there's a certain beauty to the even flow and more technical side of MMA. Other than octagon control, Diaz lost in all the other criteria in which the sport is judged. And other than a single takedown at the end of 5th, that won him that round, Condit landed way more significant strikes in every round but the 2nd.

I'll agree to disagree. Rogan gave it to Diaz, too.

*edit* And I'll defer to Rogan, since he has so much more experience in and out of the ring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkgFrgl3uHs&t=1m2s  Skipped link to where Rogan talks about it. If it were a pasted in YT link, it'd auto embed without the time skip

  • Author

Traditionally I'll defer to Rogan too, but on this I feel he's dead wrong. Condit "running", is the exact same argument people made when Forrest Griffin defeated Quinton Jackson for the title. Ariel Helwani, Jon Anik, Josh Gross and Gareth A. Davies all scored it for Carlos Condit. Though, I guess it could certainly be argued it was 38-38 going into the 5th and that round may of been a toss up because of the late takedown by Diaz, maybe...

At the fight, Rogan called it for Condit, too. At the fight, you can't see as well as someone at home, since you only get one viewpoint and the ref gets in the way and so, too, does the octagon posts. When he re-watched it at home, though, he gave it to Diaz. He saw things he wasn't able to see at the fight.

  • Author

Regardless of what anyone thinks in terms of who won, the fight is absolutely deserving of a rematch. I don't feel anyone was beaten in any definitive fashion. Its almost far to controversial not to get one...

Rematch ain't gonna happen Diaz tested positive for weed. Bummer, looks like he will probably retire after all! But no I scored it for condit winning myself 3-2, but if that is the future of MMA (lets run away and strike a little) the sport is not looking good. We all watch it for one reason to see dudes beat the living ***** out of each other.. and if running away is going to win you titles everyone is going to start doing it. Heck I can't stand wrestling matches either, I love jiujitsu but not, hey I am going to lay on top of you for 5 mins and win the match (Koscheck). Anywhoooo...

There should be rules in place for people abiding by the rules of their home state, when fighting in another state. Nick Diaz has a license for marijuana in CA. This should have zero bearing for his fights in Nevada. Marijuana is not giving him an edge over other fighters. It's so incredibly stupid.

  • Author

if that is the future of MMA (lets run away and strike a little) the sport is not looking good. We all watch it for one reason to see dudes beat the living ***** out of each other.. and if running away is going to win you titles everyone is going to start doing it. Heck I can't stand wrestling matches either, I love jiujitsu but not, hey I am going to lay on top of you for 5 mins and win the match (Koscheck). Anywhoooo...

Couldn't agree more, regardless of the kind of match I'd like to see, bad and boring fights will cripple the sport.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.