February 1, 201214 yr comment_53018 Don't know if I like the automated process of these mods or not. I guess time will tell. I just worry about conflicting mods, and having to unsubscribe, instead of ticking off a mod in the pre-launcher. Other than that, it looks totally kick ass. Report
February 1, 201214 yr comment_53027 This is where all games should be at this point. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope the script language is fairly similar. You can still unselect the mods in the launcher. So hopefully it won't reactivate them everytime a new update comes out. Report
February 1, 201214 yr Author comment_53029 "hopefully it won't reactivate them everytime a new update comes out."Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Also wondering if you do it manually, if it unsubs you from the mod automatically. Unless there's a way to 'bookmark' all these mods, or they're updated automatically, I can see this becoming slightly cumbersome instead of very helpful. Guess we'll see, though. No use in speculating until I've seen it in action. Report
February 1, 201214 yr comment_53031 I would be willing to bet a lot of your major modders will still upload to the nexus as well. If not they'll listen to suggestions as it goes along. I even bet subscribe may be optional. Report
February 1, 201214 yr Author comment_53032 I just worry since even in L4D2, when I turn off Steam Cloud, my bindings, etc can still be changed with no action from me. Luckily, though, my mods aren't changed. Just bindings and controller. Report
February 2, 201214 yr comment_53034 That's a bug related directly to the game. Instead of supporting the controller in a manner that it detects it and changes just the keys it needs it wipes the entire binding set, even keys that aren't used on the controller. Bad design from that particular game more than anything. I couldn't tell from the video, but I can't possibly see subscribing as the only way to install them. There are too many problems that can arise from mods if you don't trust the development team. I bet it's an option and otherwise you just click it and install. Especially when you consider some mods will have different optione you can choose from. Worse case scenario you subscribe, let it download, then unsubscribe. Report
February 2, 201214 yr comment_53039 Looks similar to their past modding tools, but even better. When I get the game, I'll be sure to play around with this. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.